Dual filament bulb on high beam side?

Why on earth do the sport bikes not have both headlights on with the low beams....

I remember seeing someone with another bike run a jumper wire to the other headlight so they would both light up on the low beam setting.
Do you think we can do this? Does the high beam side have a low and high beam filament?

• Premium Member
no, the bulbs in each headlamp are single filament. Yamaha provides a switch on the handlebar to switch both lamps on at the same time...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest spunrdneck
Why on earth do the sport bikes not have both headlights on with the low beams.... 
I remember seeing someone with another bike run a jumper wire to the other headlight so they would both light up on the low beam setting.
Do you think we can do this? Does the high beam side have a low and high beam filament?
no, these are LED headlamps (no filament) and the position/ reflector is what determines high and low beam.  

no, these are LED headlamps (no filament) and the position/ reflector is what determines high and low beam.
The parking lights are LED but are the regular high and low beams LED as well? I thought they were just standard H4 bulbs? 

Archived