Best time of year to buy

Hi Guys and Girls,
I have my heart set on buying a tracer, I have paid all my loans and debts off and am nearly ready to go for it,However I've been told by a wholesaler friend of mine to wait until the end of the year to see if they are bringing out a new model / updates, also in Australia summer kinda starts around then endish of the year anyway we are in cold winter now
Any suggestions welcome Cheers :)

Since you say you are in the cold months of the year, I would argue it is the best time of the year to buy a motorcycle.
I wouldn't gamble on a updated model next year or any changes to the current model. This should be your best time to get a great deal from
the dealers in your area. Go for it!

I hate when people say wait until next year. Using that logic, why not wait one more after that when a better version comes out? Hell, wait until next gen model comes out. It's a blessing to be able to ride. Life's short! Enjoy while you can. PLUS, one year to me is a LOOOOOONG time to be looking at the forum all day salivating what you can have now. I'd go crazy!

My local dealer in California has summer rebates on almost thier entire inventory . FJ09s are $1000 below list price at this time

I bought mine from a no BS place. 8899 list price :). 10,099 OTD with heated grips and the Yamaha 5 year YES thing. Plus I get 50% off for all service costs for the life of the bike and 15% discount on all gear I buy there since I bought a bike from them. Truly one of the best bike dealers I've come across.

My local dealer in California has summer rebates on almost thier entire inventory . FJ09s are $1000 below list price at this time
I bought mine from a no BS place. 8899 list price :). 10,099 OTD with heated grips and the Yamaha 5 year YES thing. Plus I get 50% off for all service costs for the life of the bike and 15% discount on all gear I buy there since I bought a bike from them. Truly one of the best bike dealers I've come across.
Ok, so that's all sounds great. Care to share which dealer so others can benefit? 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Ok, so that's all sounds great. Care to share which dealer so others can benefit?

Hillview motorsports in the Pittsburgh PA area. Bout an hour east of Pittsburgh between Latrobe and greensburg. They got two on the site right now. 8979 is what they're listed for now. Like I said they don't mess around. Freight/setup fees were only like 325 ish and that was the only charge to my remembering. I have to mention though I did trade in, so I got a tax credit, so your price might be a few bills higher than mine at it. But that's still like 1k OTD under MSRP.

Archived