Is there a 'read' (past tense) flag here...

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
.. or something similar?   It would be useful - I often cannot remember what the last 'Recent Posts' entry was that I have seen, and usually find myself going over old stuff!   Mark you - I often cannot remember my own name...
L of S [em]('39 model)[/em]

• Premium Member
if a thread has "new posts" then the new posts icon is displayed - hold your mouse pointer over the icon until the "view newest unread post" pop-up appears. You now have 2 choices, click the pop-up icon with the left mouse button to open this page in the current window. If you use a right mouse click you get a drop down menu that allows you to open the new page in a new tab or window. I use the latter method.

Please note, this is my experience using the Chrome browser on a Windows 8.1 laptop. This may not be the case using other browsers, a mobile phone, a tablet or other operating systems such as Android, Linux or Apple
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
if a thread has "new posts" then the new posts icon is displayed - hold your mouse pointer over the icon until the "view newest unread post" pop-up appears. You now have 2 choices, click the pop-up icon with the left mouse button to open this page in the current window. If you use a right mouse click you get a drop down menu that allows you to open the new page in a new tab or window. I use the latter method. 
Please note, this is my experience using the Chrome browser on a Windows 8.1 laptop. This may not be the case using other browsers, a mobile phone, a tablet or other operating systems such as Android, Linux or Apple
Thank you. This sounds just fine, but I only ever access the 'Recent Posts' part of the menu.   Is there a 'view newest unread post' there too - I cannot seem to find anything! L

• Premium Member
Not by the look of it - readapt to the method I suggest and it soon becomes intuitive, although, as I have stated before, if you have used some of the commercially available forum platforms such as vbulletin used by Advrider & UKGSer, then this platform is a bit clunky!
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived