New member in Oregon, USA

keithu

• Premium Member
I live in Albany, Oregon and I just picked up a FJ-09 today. I am a re-entry rider, having taken seven years off from motorcycling. I was an avid rider for 20 years, I was an MSF instructor for a few years, and I spent some time writing for the long-defunct "Street Bike/Independent Biker" magazine in California. But I had young kids to raise and I found that on the weekends I would rather spend time with them than on the motorcycle.

The kids are grown and moved out, I have a commute, and so now I'm back among the motorcycling.

My last motorcycle was a Triumph TT600 that I bought new in 2000 and sold in 2008. I did a lot of touring on the Triumph and even rode it in the Cal24 rally a few times. Previous bikes include a BMW K100RS, R65, FZR750R, VF700F Interceptor, two Katana 600s, and a few other miscellaneous mounts.

I'll be using my FJ-09 for commuting, and I will probably also adapt it for LD use. I'll probably work on comfort, lighting, and maybe even auxiliary fuel at some point.

Here's a picture of my TT600. This should give you an idea of how crazy I am. That's an aux. fuel cell on a self-built rack on the tail:

TT_yellow.jpg

Archived