Brake light fuse rating

snowflake

I'm thinking of adding a separate brake light (LED) with a 3rd brake light flasher to increase visibility when braking.  I did this to my FJR and am happy with results. 

On the FJ, the brake light is  LED, (you all know that I realize) but I imagine the current will be substantially less than the FJR brake light circuit.

Does anyone know the current rating for the FJ-09 brake light?  I'll be adding about a half amp max with the Whelen LIN3 lamp.

Thanks in advance.

• Premium Member
I'm thinking of adding a separate brake light (LED) with a 3rd brake light flasher to increase visibility when braking.  I did this to my FJR and am happy with results.  
On the FJ, the brake light is  LED, (you all know that I realize) but I imagine the current will be substantially less than the FJR brake light circuit.

Does anyone know the current rating for the FJ-09 brake light?  I'll be adding about a half amp max with the Whelen LIN3 lamp.

Thanks in advance.
Why not just add a Motodynamic unit that provides full LED array as running lights (much brighter) and flashes 3 times  even brighter when brakes are applied. I couldn't be happier with the added conspicuity on my bike. The sequential turn signals feature can be disabled with the push of a button if not desired. 
Motodynamic
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Maybe Lawrenceofsuburbia can chime in once he wakes up on the other side of the world.  He added additional lighting to the rear of his bike here
I'm awake - always a good start to the day. In my Owner's Manual on page 7-33 (I understand other countries may have more or fewer pages!) there is a list of all fuses with ratings.   'Signalling system', which I take it  is the turn signals, is rated at 7.5a.
L of S [em](just heading out for the day)[/em]

Well, I installed the Whelen LIN3 light module as an additional brake light. Hooked it up with a 3rd brake light flasher onto the existing brake light circuit. Works just fine- no blown fuses or smoking wires, etc. Pictures to follow.

Archived