Powerbronze Flip Touring Windshield

peporter

• Premium Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FJ-09-Tracer-2015-Touring-Windshield-Shield-Clear-MADE-IN-ENGLAND-/311360063365?fits=Make%3AYamaha|Model%3AFJ09&hash=item487e818785&vxp=mtr  has this listed as a "flip" windshield. I called Superbike Store and asked them if it really did have the "flip" at the top of the windshield. The guy said yes, it did. I pointed out that from the pictures posted, it did not have a flip at the top. He replied that those were the pics sent by Powerbronze. The question is "Has anyone on the forum bought one of these shields recently from this vendor, and does it in fact have a flip at the top?" I am 6'4" with a 32" inseam, so am long from the waist up, and looking for good wind protection and low noise....I like to ride with my Nolan N-90S chinbar up.

• Premium Member
Yeah, I read his review, and I'm under the impression that maybe Powerbronze has issued a newer version than what he reviewed. The video at the bottom of the page shows a screen with a definite flip at the top, but it is for a fz6 (??).  Hence the question if anyone had bought one from this vendor.

• Premium Member
No, there is no new product. I ordered the "flip" directly from the maker here in the UK. The maker has erroneously described it as a flip screen, so the Ebay seller is not really responsible for the confusion.

The one in the ebay listing is identical to my screen, except it is clear - just look at the picture of the screen on the black cloth: there is no mechanism, it is a sheet of formed perspex that fits directly to the OE cradle. The cradle moves up & down.

It is a very good product and looks better than any other tall screen I have seen. The tint on mine suits the red bike well, and will stop your clocks melting in strong sunlight.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived