New member from Japan

Guest bobh380

Guest bobh380
Hi Everyone ,Just got my MT-09 Tracer a week ago . Getting used to it and seeing what it and I can do .I am an Australian livng in Japan . Previous recent bikes have been Honda Blackbirds and a heavypieceofshet Sportster.I look forward to learning and sharing everything about the Tracer.Will add a photo as soon as I figure out how to do it.Bob H

Guest bobh380
Thanks Brian,
Ive been here about 10 years  . Its got a lot of good things and a few not so good but am pretty happy here.
Its a motorbike friendly country . Lots of mountain roads so am learning all about twisties. I really want to get up to Hokkaiko ,the most northern island, fantastic roads and in Spring and Summer its a great time for touring. Theres a good group of ex pat riders here too . I m in Osaka . Theres 2 of us in the group with Tracers now . More to come I m sure.
Bob H

• Premium Member
Welcome from state side. My son loves Japan (traveled there 2 years ago with some friends). I hope to make it there some day for a visit.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest bobh380
Thanks  ULEWZ ,try and hire a bike while you are here. There are some great roads and it's generally a motobike friendly place.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dmizer
Another Japan rider! Awesome! I'm down in Kyushu, been here 11 years and it's motorcycling paradise. Are you a member on gaijinriders? I go by the same alias there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bobh380
Hey dmizer. sorry just saw your post . I joined Gaijin Riders a few years ago but then went back to Australia for a year .Now I'm on Kansai Riders facebook page.Do you get up to Osaka very often ?

Guest dmizer
Hey dmizer. sorry just saw your post . I joined Gaijin Riders a few years ago but then went back to Australia for a year .Now I'm on Kansai Riders facebook page.Do you get up to Osaka very often ?
I like to take the Hankyu ferry once or twice a year for touring in the Kii. Did a 4 day tour there a few months ago over golden week with Justin and James.

Have you ever been down Kyushu way?

Guest bobh380
No , never been down there. It's on the list but its not always easy to get a lot of free time here!
After the rainy season has finsihed and my bike has been run in I want to do a few short trips .
Do you know any of the riders on Kansai Riders?

Guest dmizer
No , never been down there. It's on the list but its not always easy to get a lot of free time here! After the rainy season has finsihed and my bike has been run in I want to do a few short trips .
Do you know any of the riders on Kansai Riders?
Wakayama and Nara offer some pretty sweet day rides you could knock out on a Sunday (or whatever your day off is).

I do know a few of the Kansai riders, but only because they frequently cross post on GR. Really though, due to the distances, I've met even fewer in person. There were quite a few riders I met on this years Twisty Butt though. From what I remember, the Kansai riders is much more dirt focused and I have zero interest in dirt bikes.

Guest bobh380
I have been doing some quick runs over the mountain to Nara ken . I am on one side of the mountain and Nara ken is on the other side. Parts of the road are fantastic and other parts are a bit sketchy . Every weekend there are heaps of bikes . I usually try and ride it during the week.
Yeah a lot dirt bike riders on Kansai Riders but I have noticed they occasionally do some road trips too.

Archived