ABS light on after tyre change

Had my rear tyre changed today at local garage and during my 20 min drive home I noticed ABS light was constantly on. Rear brake is also very weak and starts gripping only when I fully compress pedal.

What could be the cause of this?

Had my rear tyre changed today at local garage and during my 20 min drive home I noticed ABS light was constantly on. Rear brake is also very weak and starts gripping only when I fully compress pedal. 

Sounds to me like the rear tire wasn't put back on correctly. Sorry man, but you'll need to go visit the shop again and have 'em do the job correctly.

Skip

Is the brake fluid between the lines on the reservoir ?
Was the pedal height adjusted?
Have you tried bleeding?

Take it back to the mechanic if you feel they are competent.
2015 FJ-09, 2016 1290 Super Duke, 2017 150 XC-W (primary ride), 2012 DR650

• Premium Member
Sounds to me like the rear tire wasn't put back on correctly. Sorry man, but you'll need to go visit the shop again and have 'em do the job correctly.

Skip
The service manual goes to great lengths to stress care when handling the ABS sensors on the wheels, especially dropping them. Sounds like that might have happened. Keep us posted on what your dealer says please. 

• 8 months later...

Archived