Notchy up shift ........

• Premium Member
No

On my Super Tenere, the gear shift got very notchy. Some gunge had got into the pivot joint on the gear shifter. It is a simple job to disassemble and grease the joint.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest rszk
If the bike is brand new, it will get better. I noticed mine improve and now that I have 2000km, it's very nice.

Check your  chain tension? Mine was so tight that the bike was under heavy tension right from the point of delivery  and my dealer said yamaha Manuel  states a minimal amount of play in the chain but I say bull crap because it causes  wear on sprockets and the chain !! I loosened  mine up as soon as I got it home and shifting  improved  greatly  and the bike was coasting freely  with no stress if you get my drift

Check your  chain tension? Mine was so tight that the bike was under heavy tension right from the point of delivery  and my dealer said yamaha Manuel  states a minimal amount of play in the chain but I say bull crap because it causes  wear on sprockets and the chain !! I loosened  mine up as soon as I got it home and shifting  improved  greatly  and the bike was coasting freely  with no stress if you get my drift
Not to mention wear on the countershaft's bearing. I did the same as soon as I got mine home. Drum tight...ack! 
Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

Archived