Ordered a new helmet and it was stolen off my porch!

Guest bmidd

Guest bmidd
The video says it all, watch the white truck. I'm angry. Dropped off @ 12:44 and stolen @ 2:31.

Guest bmidd
damn that sucks, have you turned the video into the police? I hope they catch that guy.  That truck is pretty distinguishable, what a scumbag.
I did and it's still only a misdemeanor under $500 theft. No jail time comes with that.  We spotted the truck a couple of hours ago and we called the police and followed them into Georgia and the woman driving the truck wouldn't give up the name of who did it. The truck is always seen in the neighborhood picking up scrap items and old furniture, so I will catch him and break his arms.

damn that sucks, have you turned the video into the police? I hope they catch that guy.  That truck is pretty distinguishable, what a scumbag.
I did and it's still only a misdemeanor under $500 theft. No jail time comes with that.  We spotted the truck a couple of hours ago and we called the police and followed them into Georgia and the woman driving the truck wouldn't give up the name of who did it. The truck is always seen in the neighborhood picking up scrap items and old furniture, so I will catch him and break his arms.
Why stop with his arms? Where is he from originally - Ferguson, Missouri? 

• Premium Member
Well, that sucks. I wonder if he still would have taken it if you had a sign by the door indicating that there was video surveillance in use.

Then again, the dude probably can't read.

What sucks is that this kind of thing falls below the Police 'radar'. Misdemeanor my a$$, they follow the UPS truck and steal $thousands.
- You find the truck and slash its tires... And get caught; now You're in jail. The Law and Justice seem to be on different paths...
  Sorry Bmidd, I've got your GT-Air if you need to borrow it  ::)

Brian

If it was ups that delivered it ? Chance are they will never leave anything on your or at your house again without getting a signature from you. Trust me I'm a 30 year driver in upstate ny and this crap happens alot!! If you called in a claim?

Better spot for a camera would be near the mailbox, get a possible shot at a license plate on a vehicle?

Curious if the sender had insurance on the package, and does it even cover theft?

I recently ordered a helmet and received it with no issues & no signature required. Future purchase will require a sig or I'll ship it to where I work.

Archived