What Type Ear Plug?

beberle

I ended up getting a set of No-Noise plugs that have a ceramic inner that removes specific sound frequencies for riding while allowing others ( that you want to hear ) continue to your ear.

http://www.nonoise-earplugs.com/en/products/motorsport/

They do work really well, when their placed w/in your ear correctly. I've found that they will continue to hold a "shape" when removed after a long period of ride time which bugs the hell out of me being that I know its going to allow noise into the ear when reinserted. I've found that if when I take them out and clean them, if I roll back the last bit and store them that way, they will hold the pinched shape less so then if I dont.

Over all, when they are installed correctly and not allowing any unwanted noise in the ear they are really really good. Best thing, is that they are very comfortable to wear, and I usually forget that I have them in which I've not been able to find with other plugs.

Here's a pic of the set that I've been running for about 5 months now:
20150621_082552.jpg

I use these while listening to to the SENA SMH10R ( here ) and really enjoy the ability to clearly hear what Im listening to w/o it seeming like its muffled and not having to use volume eleventybillion to do so.

As you can see, there's still some "pinching" that is present. This is after they have been sitting all night ( I used them yesterday while I was out riding ) and still the "dent" is present. If they could come up with a way / material that would resist this they would be really really good. At this point I'd say that they are really good, with a rating of 8/10.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
One of those key chain containers for your earplugs is a great idea !
Having suffered severe ear-infection a few years ago after long day-in-day-out touring, and possibly not having been as meticulous as I might about cleaning the custom ear-plugs I use, may I offer a well-meant word:  MOTTO: please keep your ear-plugs thoroughly clean if not throwing disposables away after a single use!   Doing so would have saved me a lot of pain and inconvenience!
L of S

• Premium Member
I use a set that were custom made by my audiologist about 15 years ago. I don't listen to music while I ride, so they fit the bill quite nicely. And I also use them for other activities such as competition shooting.

• Premium Member
I love 3M E.A.R. Earsoft yellow neons. They come in two sizes. Regular size item model number: 312-1250. Large size item model number: 312-1251. They are soft, come, and easy to insert.
The link for the regular size which I got is : http://www.amazon.com/3M-OCS1135-Yellow-Neons-Earplugs/dp/B008MCUOH2/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1435376983&sr=1-1&keywords=312-1250j
for the regular size.
They come in a box of 200 pairs, individually wrapped.
I typically use one pair a few times.

Gents (don't think I've seen any ladies on the forum yet),   what style ear plug do you use? I've tested several types throughout the years, but always seem to settle on the simple compressible foam plugs because of comfort.  I keep trying the longer lasting tri-plugs, but they're not comfortable to me and are harder to get a good seal.

Brian
I like the 3M Classic plugs.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived