Least expensive, easiest alternative Exhaust

buckybuk

EJK-- and it is set up to adjust 3 areas, like a dang carb--- anyone ever looked at the map on a fuel injected bike?? The adjustability is wonderful! Not like a carb where you adjust 3 areas to get it right-- kinda like the Dobeck. And at least they finally have one the can subtract fuel as it is amazing how many times changing things can cause rich areas.
I will wait for the ability to reflash my ecu so I can use all that ability to adjust the maps and more.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably the best install video I have seen. Plus the M4 exhaust has a great sound and weight saving. Looks like the best bang for the buck. He did mention cleaning the exhaust after install. This is very important. If you handle the exhaust with your bare hands you will leave finger prints. These will not be visible until after the pipes heat up and then will darken and NEVER come off. Don't ask me how I know. Use some kind of solvent to clean the oil off the polished pipes. Having considerable experience with both cut off wheels and grinders I was very disappointed seeing him use both without safety glasses. You only have two eyes and its hard to ride without both. Ride safe. 

• 3 weeks later...
I plan on getting this exhaust as soon as I can afford to spend money for this and a tuner. Seems there are reports of the bike running lean without a tuner. I'm not willing to take the chance on damaging my engine.This is the least expensive one of the best sounding I have found so far.
It loses the oxygen sensor, which affects the closed loop fuel injection system. So you'll need some sort of fuel reprogrammer between the ECU and the injectors. He says it save 8 lbs. Personally, I really like the look of the stock F[Z/J]-09 system vs a traditional muffler hanging off the side which might interfere with luggage options.
Are you looking to save weight, or just want a louder exhaust? Not sure why a sport-touring bike needs more noise.

You say it loses the oxy sensor but on the video it didn't ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I plan on getting this exhaust as soon as I can afford to spend money for this and a tuner. Seems there are reports of the bike running lean without a tuner. I'm not willing to take the chance on damaging my engine.This is the least expensive one of the best sounding I have found so far.
It loses the oxygen sensorAccording to the installation video, it does NOT lose the oxygen sensor.  Does it lose the centerstand on the FJ?

• 8 months later...

Archived