Missouri to Florida 2256 miles!!!

codypittman09

We started our trip an hour and a half north east of Kansas city missouri. We headed south down 65hw then turned on to the famous senic 7 thru the ozark national forest and winding thru the Ouachita National Forest staying the night in hotsprings arkansas. The next morning we head down Thru Louisiana and Mississippi in the pouring rain, not really the highlight of our trip but every long trip needs some rain and thunderstorms. We stayed the night outside mobile then headed down 98 to Destin Flordia which we stay 3 days. Let me tell ya if you have never been thru Destin 98 is almost suicide on a bike reminds me of India. We headed up thru Alabama to Nashville Tennessee , stayed a day in Tennessee then headed home thru St Louis. The total trip was 2256 miles which we averaged 45mpg that is with 360 pounds of people weight me 240 my wife 120 and 60 pounds of luggage. so all in all I think the FJ 09 is one hell of a bike other than a less than desirable seat for that long of a trip but that's what Corbin is for. We just got home today and are already planning a trip to Las Vegas in the fall I can't get enough of this bike.

• Premium Member
We started our trip an hour and a half north east of Kansas city missouri. We headed south down 65hw then turned on to the famous senic 7 thru the ozark national forest and winding thru the Ouachita National Forest staying the night in hotsprings arkansas. The next morning we head down Thru Louisiana and Mississippi in the pouring rain, not really the highlight of our trip but every long trip needs some rain and thunderstorms. We stayed the night outside mobile then headed down 98 to Destin Flordia which we stay 3 days. Let me tell ya if you have never been thru Destin 98 is almost suicide on a bike reminds me of India. We headed up thru Alabama to Nashville Tennessee , stayed a day in Tennessee then headed home thru St Louis. The total trip was 2256 miles which we averaged 45mpg that is with 360 pounds of people weight me 240 my wife 120 and 60 pounds of luggage. so all in all I think the FJ 09 is one hell of a bike other than a less than desirable seat for that long of a trip but that's what Corbin is for. We just got home today and are already planning a trip to Las Vegas in the fall I can't get enough of this bike.
That's a lot of miles carrying a lot of weight. Did your bike moan when you got on it?p3rry_zpsjpvxnqqr.gif Just kidding. Glad it mostly worked out for you. I see this bike as more on the sport side of sporttouring, but looks like it can also haul the mail.
Have fun in Vegas. thumb_zpsxkcugjdg.gif

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived