What is your hot weather riding gear?

Cruizin

Getting up in the upper 90's and maybe even in to the 100's this week here so thought it would be a good time to start a Hot weather gear thread.

If ya post your gear, pleas eshare at least a pic or link to the product. If not, I'll go thru and add links for ya so others can shop too.

My summer jacket

Revit Airwave from Revzilla

FJT126_4120UF_300RGB08_detail.jpg

Summer Pants

FPT055_3081UF_300RGB08_detail.jpg

Summer gloves. I have a few pairs of gloves but really like these.

Revit chevron gloves

revit_chevron_gloves_detail.jpg

What are you guys and gals riding in this summer?

A t-shirt !
But over that:

White/black Icon Overlord leather jacket - well vented and actually cooler than my Dririder Air Ride summer mesh jacket.
I wear an Olympia Blaze hi-viz vest around town, as there are lots of geriatrics and tourists here.

Rhok Gen 4 (EN 13595 certified) kevlar jeans with hip and knee armor. The knees unzip to easily remove armor.

Carbon/Kevlar gauntlet gloves with palm slider. No idea of the brand, but am looking for replacements with the same features.
Rjay's Highway boots.
jackets_zpsnlzcko1o.jpgboots_zpswa1aihxn.jpg

. Edit: hotlinked pics have broken, standby while I put them elsewhere  now on photobucket.

• Premium Member
Underarmour hot weather gear for a base later. Got to have that wicking/evaporative layer for a start.

I own a lot of gear (much to my wife's chagrin, LOL) but the hottest of the hot weather, I wear Tourmaster Intake mesh jacket & pants, they have CE-approved armor and of all the mesh gear I've seen/worn or owned, is probably the most crash worthy stuff.

I don't skimp on gloves or boots in hot weather. Cortech Adrenaline gauntlets and TM Solution boots, I want my money-makers safe in a crash... I can't afford to not work! :P
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
Getting up in the upper 90's and maybe even in to the 100's this week here so thought it would be a good time to start a Hot weather gear thread. [...]

My summer jacket

Summer Pants

I use the Airwave stuff too.  I've been quite pleased with it; the quality has been good, it feels like it might actually do something if I fall down, and it flows tons of air.  With the liners in it's 3-season capable. 
I used to use Joe Rocket mesh, but it never felt substantial enough to take a fall (I called it "half crash capable") and even worse literally fell apart at the seams just wearing it.  Complete crap, avoid.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Last year I had a Motoport UltraII Kevlar 3/4 length jacket made for me. It flows alot of air and offers great protection in my opinion. I've had a few other mesh jackets over the years but they always felt a little flimsy. the Motoport/Cycleport stuff feels bullet proof. I'm hoping to order some Kevlar pants later this year.
  • Thumbsup 1

Last year I had a Motoport UltraII Kevlar 3/4 length jacket made for me. It flows alot of air and offers great protection in my opinion. I've had a few other mesh jackets over the years but they always felt a little flimsy. the Motoport/Cycleport stuff feels bullet proof. I'm hoping to order some Kevlar pants later this year.

Got any pics? I'll add a link to Motoport for you https://www.motoport.com/

my Pants are Olympia Renegade Mesh Tech $179 at Amazon . Nice trim fit compared to first gear that I use for cold weather. I have a four season Scorpion jacket it has rain liner and cold weather liner I take both out for summer.

• Premium Member
Whatever you wear, especially if it has a breathable membrane, make sure you have a decent wicking layer underneath.

I use EDZ leggings http://www.edzlayering.com/product-category/men/base-layers/ and a variety of sports tops.

When touring, these items can be rinsed out and they will dry out overnight to use the next day. This allows you to pack a lot lighter for a trip.

As far as outer clothing goes, I have an all season jacket from Hein Gericke which is goretex lined and has zipped vents. The company went bust so you can't buy it.
Trousers are also vented and have a breathable membrane. Spada Summit from Ghostbikes

I also have a mesh jacket from Ghostbikes but it's rarely warm enough for that - just used in Italy a few times. The one I bought has been replaced with this higher spec job 

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Wife beater, cut offs & flip flops. Just like all the squids, hah!!!
2bitchslap_zpst7e3ufi6.gifbaldy_zps5mb6zyba.gifcrazy_zpsrqn3rp81.gifeyes_zpsjv0eqh58.gifdunno_zpsrbq3xdvb.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 2 weeks later...
I like my Rukka Argo jacket and pants, and my TCX AirTech boots. All three and GoreTex bonded, breathe a bit, and in very hot weather, a wicking layer and opening the vents makes them plenty comfortable. 

248611.jpg

• 2 weeks later...