Lowering links

couter

• Premium Member
I popped one link out and took a comparison shet of the two links.http://imgur.com/dwiwqHv imagine the soupys look similar and are probably the same size? I definitely looks like the knuckle that the shock bolts to is hitting the swing arm. Tried to get a picture, but it's too tight to get my phone in there... It seems to me now the answer is more grinding... Has anyone done one of these and can confirm how far to go?

Ulewz, I'm thinking you're probably right and that I'm probably a rookie who is working on a bike newer than 1985 for the first time...

I read on another forum that there may  be issues hitting the swingarm with the lowering links. I think you did the right thing.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

hi, you can go on you tube and check out my video called  "lowering fj 09" shows the bike and the links that where on the bike,
sorry i forget to measure the soupy links before installing them, but hopefully the video will help....

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLLbRZRjb3M]

• 2 weeks later...
Now i'm no expert but i do like to twist a spanner but those dog bones look far too short to me, mine were off Ebay from Lust Racing & when i laid them beside the ones i took off there was only a couple of mm difference eye to eye, i have a 28" inside leg & i am comfortable on the bike with the balls of both feet on the ground & i am able to scoot the bike about.
There was no grinding banging or swearing involved in fitting them & the suspension has full travel, i would imaging with dog bones as short as the ones you were supplied i would be able to flat foot both feet!

Now i'm no expert but i do like to twist a spanner but those dog bones look far too short to me, mine were off Ebay from Lust Racing & when i laid them beside the ones i took off there was only a couple of mm difference eye to eye, i have a 28" inside leg & i am comfortable on the bike with the balls of both feet on the ground & i am able to scoot the bike about. There was no grinding banging or swearing involved in fitting them & the suspension has full travel, i would imaging with dog bones as short as the ones you were supplied i would be able to flat foot both feet!
I gotta tell ya, its was perfect how low it was, I could even bend my knees a little! I'd rather have to tip toe over feeling every dip, bump, and rock in the road though.

The only problem i have come across so far with fitting the lowering kit is that it's ok to reduce the preload on the rear shock but the C spanner won't go in to increase it, both adjustments seem to have to be done from the left side of the bike due to the brake lines getting in the way on the right side which is a PITA!

Archived