Anyone fitted any alternative hand guards

Would like to get something a little closer to the hands with a bit better wind protection. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Don't have, but know a few guys who do; Barkbusters handgaurds. They are much more sturdy and offer better weather/wind protection than the stocks, they're essentially an aluminum crash bar wrapped in a hand guard. I ditched my hand guards, but if I wanted to put handgaurds back on for actual protection, I'd go with the barks. Just my .02

KTM Handguards for Adventure fit perfect, no mods needed. They are gloss black but some Krylon Flat black made them look OEM. Dramatic improvement over stock and allow for other windscreens 

Do you have any pics?

• 3 weeks later...
I put a set of Acerbis Street hand guards on my fj and binned the Star Wars ones that came on it 
I have not done it yet, but was wondering about the Barkbuster Storm hand guards.  I put those on my KLR and loved them.  I'm not sure if the "frame" is long enough to reach around the switchgear controls.

I'm ok with the design, but personally I'd have to get those matte ASAP. They just don't match.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

• Premium Member
KTM Handguards for Adventure fit perfect, no mods needed. They are gloss black but some Krylon Flat black made them look OEM. Dramatic improvement over stock and allow for other windscreens 

Could you pin it down a bit tighter, with say, a part number or a link? Would be most appreciated!