Anyone fitted any alternative hand guards

I'll try to post more pics once the bike is off the lift, currently refreshing ECU and put on Graves Exhaust.

Yes, the hand guards fit around the bars perfectly and the factory end screws were reused without any issues.

I think they look like they belong on a dirt bike, just my opinion.

well with the exception of the x tarmac they are dirtbike gaurds I guess, another one is
http://www.theonlinepartsshop.co.uk/universal-white-integrated-led-motorcycle-handguards-with-indicators-turn-signals/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwz6KtBRDwgq-LsKjMk9kBEiQAuaxWUpNTEiFB-WyESQbsmpADY8haqkES4kVR1t-VNXKCdiMaAsHP8P8HAQ

which does come in black but in the photo sits on a tiger

The problem I have with the last ones is that they only mount on the bar ends (and it looks like I might have to remove the bar weights which would increase the vibes)
another one I have seen is this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acerbis-2140450001-Dual-Black-Handguard/dp/B001KODHFU/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1437268254&sr=1-2&keywords=Acerbis+Dual+Road+Handguards
which don't have the inbuilt led but can have them added . I have read that with a bit of dremel time you can fit a cheap LED strip from ebay in the slot. so if I can find some orange/amber LED strip I could be onto a winner!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0738/8501/products/Guards3_large.jpg?v=1422593506

is a picture of them on a street triple I think.
these are looking quite good to me, but I am tempted by the angular practicality of the x tarmac guards . It all comes down to the size I think, as ideally want a screen without that stupid cut out!!!

some suggestions from that shop in Italy Accessorimotostore - Givi and Acerbis, with the latter [strong][em]having fairy light options[/em][/strong] 

Not a fan then wessie??But then where you live its mainly horse you need to worry about Lol, where I live Ive got the urban mummy with 4x4 all the foreign lorry drivers on the M20/A20 (not to mention the immigrants baling out) and the commuting Audi/BMW brigade. so yeah I'm thinking with Hand guards with indicators, indicators with inbuilt DRL and then an extra set of  Cree lights for night. Let the fu**ers say "sorry mate I didn't see you" then Lol

• Premium Member
some suggestions from that shop in Italy Accessorimotostore - Givi and Acerbis, with the latter [strong][em]having fairy light options[/em][/strong] 

Not a fan then wessie??But then where you live its mainly horse you need to worry about Lol, where I live Ive got the urban mummy with 4x4 all the foreign lorry drivers on the M20/A20 (not to mention the immigrants baling out) and the commuting Audi/BMW brigade. so yeah I'm thinking with Hand guards with indicators, indicators with inbuilt DRL and then an extra set of  Cree lights for night. Let the fu**ers say "sorry mate I didn't see you" then Lol

Stick around a bit longer and you might get used to my little interjections of humour.

I like the idea of more practical hand guards, especially ones that will work with my chunky Tucano Urbano muffs.

I'm not convinced that extra illumination would have stopped the car turning across my path yesterday. The driver was only looking at the entrance of the pub on the opposite side of the road and not at the oncoming traffic. Fortunately the brakes are very good on the Tracer and I was paying attention so avoided becoming a rear seat passenger. Hopefully the children on the back seat soiled themselves which might give the driver the motivation to pay attention in the future.

However, if the extra illumination makes you more confident then go for it. Just don't produce so many lumens you burn other people's retinas to the extent they become disoriented. There are far too many vehicles on the road with poorly aligned lighting.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Stringman, I commute A20/M20/A2 through the Blackwall tunnel to Canary Wharf. For that reason I opted for the Yamaha fog lamps. Makes the bike much more visible, sadly does not guarantee that nobody will ever say: "Sorry mate, I didn't see you". But I agree, it all helps. I should also add a more powerful horn.