New in south central Texas

yamaham

Greetings, new old retired guy here. Will pick up FJ on 1/7.  Been riding since the '60's. In the garage I have: 2014 FJR1300, 2014 NM4, 2013 F6B, and 1975 CB750 restored to cafe racer.  Looking forward to this new adventure.
G'day yamaham so how's the new FJ goin' ??
especially compared to your current rides - by the way, what is a 'NM4' ? not familiar with that model designation.
cheers
Mick

Description of the NM4 on Honda Canada website:

" Think of it as an exclamation mark on wheels! With its stealth fighter-styling, the NM4 won't be mistaken for anything else. The outrageous anime appearance represents the vision of a young, skunkworks design team from deep within Honda R&D, but the innovation didn't end with the styling. From the passenger seat that offers double duty as an adjustable rider backrest, to the reactive dash with 25 colours, to the angular headlight framed with a stylish LED definition line, the NM4 screams new thinking. Utilizing the long-stroke NC series' 745 cc engine which delivers strong, low-end torque through an advanced dual-clutch transmission with fully automatic mode to its fat 200 section rear tire, the NM4 backs up its extreme styling with a rewarding riding experience. And for those who want to raise eyebrows further, the NM4 offers creature comforts too, with well-placed floorboards and generous storage compartments in the fairing that include a power outlet to keep your personal electronics charged. The saddlebags integrate nicely into the NM4's unique lines, completing the long distance capability. So whether you're turning heads downtown Gotham or heading off to fight crime in a post-apocalyptic Metropolis, the NM4 will prove to be a trusty sidekick.

NM4 - don't be surprised if people ask, "What movie is that from?!"

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Hola Mick, I only rode the FJ once on the way back from dealer.............been raining and I have it torn apart doing some mods. In that short ride its everything advertised. The NM4 is a fun ride. Being the old fart that I am I think I'm getting some arthritis in my left hand so some days operating a clutch can be uncomfortable. I was going to get a Burgman but I've had 2 in the past so I wanted something different. I would say NM is the best scooter out there. It has the biggest wheels of all scooter so the ride is almost like a big bike. It is everything mentioned in the above post............the only thing that everyone complains about is the panniers, they are friggin small I don't think a six pack will fit in them. I have installed a top box to give it some space to add stuff when doing errands. Its expensive but neat. And yes I can't ride anyplace without someone making some sort of comment, all good.

Thanks for the responses guys - very informative.
Not sure if the NM4 is available or coming here in Oz, don't follow the scooter models very closely as it's hard enough keeping up with all the motorcycle models.  It's looks are certainly out there and I will now know what it is if I ever see one :)
Good luck with the new ride yamaham!!
Cheers to all
Mick

Archived