Oxford Screen edging Pics.

I wanted to line the edge of my screen, so for just over £10 UKP, I purchased the oxford screen edging tube from ebay.
It is 1 metre in length, so it doesn't go all of the way around. It is pre glued.
I was concerned how the quite 'stiff' tubing would go around the sharp angles at the top of the screen, but judicious amounts of hair drier heat made the tubing malliable enough to bend around the sharp angle.
Oxford make several colours, including red, blue, clear and the one I used, black.

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Screen3.jpg

• Premium Member
I could have posted you the grey stuff Powerbronze shipped with my screen - I preferred the clean lines of the tinted screen.

Now I know how much it is worth, I'll stick it on Ebay :)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
I wanted to line the edge of my screen, so for just over £10 UKP, I purchased the oxford screen edging tube from ebay. It is 1 metre in length, so it doesn't go all of the way around. It is pre glued.
I was concerned how the quite 'stiff' tubing would go around the sharp angles at the top of the screen, but judicious amounts of hair drier heat made the tubing malliable enough to bend around the sharp angle.
Oxford make several colours, including red, blue, clear and the one I used, black.

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Screen3.jpg

Looks good, scuff!   IMHO, it makes the screen and front of the bike look a bit more 'finished', and might help to minimise the top-of-screen back-and-forth oscillations.
Would you mind advising contact for the vendor, for my sake and maybe others here?   We don't have the luxury Down Here of the numbers of suppliers that you in Europe (and USA of course) have at your fingertips, but I can probably get the edging sent to me from some family in the UK.
Thank you...
L of S

Archived