Touratech Zega boxes on an FJ?

Guest eatpasta

Guest eatpasta
Does anyone know if Touratech is planning on making mounts for their Zega boxes for the FJ?
   I have a pair of Zega boxes off of my last 1150 that would be going onto the FJ if/when I decide to get one. Decided to mock it up in PS to see what it might look like

:dunno

doesnt look horrible..... certainly gives the bike a look of purpose....

you decide

new zega

FJ09-Zega150_zpsd1ddd445.jpg

old skool

FJ09-Zega250_zpsb5a764bd.jpg

Guest eatpasta
if I end up with one of these, it's going to be an ADV bike since i dont have one at the moment (well.... the 525 doesn't really count).
    I got so used to my 1150GS's practicality and storage that I can't ever go back to not having a bike like that.  The FJR is great and everything but I want the suspension travel back....as well as the big storage.

If the FJR boxes mount up to the FJ, I may just because I have very little spare time go with those but I'd love to have some real storage on this thing....may have to reinforce the subframe though as I've been known to put things on the back of my bike like refrigerators and 50" TV's

P-)

Guest eatpasta
FYI guys, I got a reply from Touratech. At this time they aren't planning on making mounts for the FJ, but you can get the "hoops" and fab the rest...

here's the email I got from them

Hi AJ, 
I think the FJ09 looks pretty awesome, and would look really good with a set
of Zega Pro panniers! Unfortunately, I do not know and haven't heard if
Germany will be making pannier racks for it. I'd say keep you bags though-
there is always the option of getting some racks custom built. We sell the
"loops" separate in mild steel, so a good fabricator should be able to make
them mount to any bike.
They are here:

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/1808/PN-051-0300/Pannier-Frame-one-piece-
18mm

Thanks for your inquiry.

Happy New Year!

Cheers-

Guest eatpasta
FWIW, I agree with you and would prefer top loading luggage. The stock side loaders look sportier but they aren't as practical.
I can appreciate the engineering that went into them for sure - they're neat boxes.    

I don't see what we won't be able to mount panniers to the new FJ once sidecase/pannier frames are officially available for the bike.  We use H&B lock-it pannier frames for our Globescout kits, and depending on how different the tailsections are between the FZ and the FJ, a set of racks may be out there already?  Can anyone confirm the two are different (I haven't seen an fj-09 in person yet).

Regarding panniers, have you seen our Globescout World Class Panniers?  We will be more helpful to work with you on fitment than some others:  Globescout

i-qbtqj58-xl.jpg

Also, we are working on adding new product to our site for the new FJ-09, though we are waiting for most of our aftermarket vendors and suppliers.  For now we are just finishing up our listings for the OEM accessories:  FJ-09 Items

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thank you,
-Paul

Guest eatpasta
Those globe scout panniers look nearly identical to the Touratech Zega Pro's....either way they look REALLY nice.  I love the anchors on top that expand your overall, real world storage by huge margins....really nice boxes and way cheaper than TT

xpan-adv-r-04_1_1.jpg

Guest eatpasta
 I need to say that we have not looked back at all.  If you find our thread in the vendors' section in ADVrider, you'll find that we have an enormous amount of positive feedback from many happy customers. 

yeah one thing about the ADV crowd.... they won't blow sunshine up your ass.... 

Guest eatpasta
@prudolf Im gunna have to move your stuff into our vendor section.... eventually because we dont have one yet. But ill eventually move it and post a link

Those are really nice boxes. Me likey!

Those globe scout panniers look nearly identical to the Touratech Zega Pro's....either way they look REALLY nice.  I love the anchors on top that expand your overall, real world storage by huge margins....really nice boxes and way cheaper than TT 
xpan-adv-r-04_1_1.jpg

I'm working on a Supporting Vendors board and program. Two of the Vendors from my other forum at FZ07.org are coming over to this board shortly an I am certainly open to others joining as well.

@prudolf Im gunna have to move your stuff into our vendor section.... eventually because we dont have one yet. But ill eventually move it and post a link

Guest eatpasta
Those are really nice boxes. Me likey! 

xpan-adv-r-04_1_1.jpg
yeah they are.  I wonder if my wife will let me get a set for the FJ.....hold on wait I dont have an FJ yet.  I still have to do the groveling in order to get the new bike, THEN the exhaust....and shock and panniers.... 
  Damm I have a lot of backrubs and dishes to do in the next few months

;-|

No problem at all and completely understandable.  I was originally planning to post in a vendors section, however without one this was a good live topic to jump into.  I will let this thread run it's course and will only reply back if needed. 

Archived