Givi Trekker Outback Panniers - Fitted

Having seen some fantastic posts with other peoples experience with luggage, I wanted some panniers that complimented the ultra modern look of the bike as a whole.  Anyway, I ordered a pair of Givi Trekker Outback, 37ltr in Black.  These where from AccessoriMotoStore.com and took 5 working days from order, to delivery in the UK.  They fit the bike really well (IMO) and they are marginally narrower than the handlebars, by a whole 2cms! or 3/4", whichever you prefer.

HCwv5yQ.jpg?1

xXDzogn.jpg?1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Hi deezee. I considered those as they are similar to the top loaders I had on my Super Tenere. I decided the cost was too much, considering the bargain basement price of the bike. I went for some more traditional Kappa K40, also bought from Italy.

Hope to see you some time. Off for a holiday with johan on the weekend but I'm sure we'll arrange another UK meeting sometime.

Where are you based?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I think it's a question of function over form and for that I like it. The perfect shape to fit bags into and lift them out of, easy to pack and durable. Givis, FJR cases also look dated, too rounded off for the angular looks of the bike.

Agreed on the function over form.  The stock hard Yamaha cases are probably the best shape, but need some color accents or other bling to make them pop.  In any event, these square monstrosities look pretty bad.

Here are the photos of the side and without the panniers fitted, just the frames.  Nothing interferes with anything.  As you'd expect its all very light, hardly affects suspension. when they are on.

VbNnk8r.jpg?1

uUo8RPr.jpg?1

Deezee, it looks like the frame attaches to the tag mount as well. Is this the case? If that is the case I'm screwed. Thanks for putting up the picks. Now I'll know what it is going to look like.

Archived