• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Givi Trekker Outback Panniers - Fitted

Deezee, it looks like the frame attaches to the tag mount as well. Is this the case? If that is the case I'm screwed. Thanks for putting up the picks. Now I'll know what it is going to look like.
I don't think it does. I can't find a pic of the rack specifically for the trekker's but for the monokey's it looks very close.  I think you are seeing that crossmember int he back that runs from side to side: 
images_products%5Cgivi%5Cgivi_PLR2122_pannier_holder.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
It seems like there are a few pictures on the web where these cases on the FJ-09 sit at slightly different angles. I'm hoping there's a way to set them up as close to flat and level w/ the road as possible. Does the mounting bracket provide any flexibility in this regard or do they mount at the angle they mount at, and that's that?

• Premium Member
There is a bit of flexibility in the way you mount the rails - Givi provide some spacers to fit them the way they feel they should be mounted but you could change the thickness of the spacers and use longer bolts as they are standard Mx sizes on the bike.

For me, I ditched the 2 upper quick release fittings (see red circles in the picture above this post) in favour of some standard M8 Allen bolts. This means my rails are permanently fixed to the bike. I just did not like the quick-release fitting. I think Givi supplied the wrong type of bolt for them as they would not lock into position. You can get cross braces in different widths - Givi supplied the wrong one in a number of kits but the retailer in Italy was on the ball and corrected the problem. So, I have an extra cross brace about 10cm longer than desired.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

First, sorry for my English..I'M french Canadian. I have just install a Givi rack # PL2122CAM for my next purchase aluminium pannier trekker outback. I don't know if I'm wrong but your rack seems different from mine. Could you send more pictures of your set-up of rack and pannier please. I tried to Google for more info but nothing seems to be out yet...Thank you!!   Serge

First, sorry for my English..I'M french Canadian. I have just install a Givi rack # PL2122CAM for my next purchase aluminium pannier trekker outback. I don't know if I'm wrong but your rack seems different from mine. Could you send more pictures of your set-up of rack and pannier please. I tried to Google for more info but nothing seems to be out yet...Thank you!!   Serge
Your english seems to be very good don't worry about that.  Cheers    Michel. 

• Premium Member
The rack in the picture at the top of the page (the one with red circles) is the PL2122 standard rack like I use on my Tracer.  
There are 2 special kits, the PLXR2122 for the V35 cases and the one you have for the Trekker cases with the PL2122CAM code - your's will have a different looking latching system 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Here are the photos of the side and without the panniers fitted, just the frames.  Nothing interferes with anything.  As you'd expect its all very light, hardly affects suspension. when they are on. 

the rack in the lasted picture is the same as mine....Great looking!!

VbNnk8r.jpg?1

uUo8RPr.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...
If possible, can you measure the gap from case to case at the rear? I'm hoping I don't have to remove my tail tidy... but I took a 5200 mile trip and my Wolfman side bags we're easily the biggest weakest link to my travels. No knock on their product, just for my needs side cases would have been far better.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
I was eyeing the trekker outbacks when I had my last bike but never pulled the trigger on buying any. My previous bike was the 2012 NC700x and I absolute loved having the frunk. I didn't realize how much I'd miss having the storage until I bought the FJ. The oem panniers are nice but I shopped around a while for the trekkers and ended up paying the same amount I would have for the oem, although I've read the trekkers are better quality.

Archived