The Shocking Truth about the Comfort Seat!

oldfart

Mikey exclaimed: "...but that is one of the most hideous motorcycle seats I have ever seen."

Wow, Mike, kinda harsh, donchathink <g>? Honestly, I really like the look of my Corbin and of previous ones. It's a seat that stands proud and tall (literally) and says: "This is not just a saddle, son, this is the throne upon which you are king of all you survey!"

It's a seat for *serious* riding, you don't end up with monkey butt after riding thru successive tanks of fuel. And you can pretty easily string together 250+ mi. of nothing but twisties several daze <g> in a row. And, Lord knows, it sure is better built and better fitting than the POS that Yamaha foisted off on us. They should be ashamed of the stock seat; it is, by far, the worst all around seat I've ever seen put forth by a major mfgr. The latching mechanism is an engineering joke, the seat wiggles and squirms under you like crazy. What QC person let that one get by?

Now, you wanna talk ugly seats - just lay your peepers upon one of those Russell Day Long seats - oy are those ugly!!

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
> It's a seat that stands proud and tall (literally) and says: "This is not just a saddle, son, this is the throne upon which you are king of all you survey!"

IMO, motorcycle seats should never say anything. A good one makes you forget about it completely.

If you think the stocker is the most uncomfortable MC seat ever, you have not spent much time on a KTM 690. I do agree about the cheapness and silliness of the latching mechanism on the stock seat... what were they thinking with that stupid rubber plug you have to take out?

Archived