NewB to the forum thinking about a fj09

Hello everyone. NewB from central PA. I am planning on upgrading from my 2012 Suzuki V Strom 650 to either a FJ-09 or Triumph Tiger 800. I am leaning toward the fj. So I joined the forum to do research and so far this seems like a great site with a lot of information.

• Premium Member
Welcome, search away. I love my F-Jay as I prefer the sporty side of sport touring which the F-Jay excels at.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I doubt you'll get many votes for the Tiger on the FJ-09 forum, lol. Seems like a nice bike, but "older" technology. If I had a Tiger, I'm sure I'd be a happy camper. Since I have an FJ-09, I'm a very very happy camper.

2015 FJ-09, 2016 1290 Super Duke, 2017 150 XC-W (primary ride), 2012 DR650

I doubt you'll get many votes for the Tiger on the FJ-09 forum, lol. Seems like a nice bike, but "older" technology. If I had a Tiger, I'm sure I'd be a happy camper. Since I have an FJ-09, I'm a very very happy camper.

I understand I will not get votes for the tiger. I doubt I will go with it over the fj. Local dealer is selling them for around $12k vs $9k for the fj. Doesn't seem worth the extra money.

My main goal is to upgrade from the vstrom. I want better suspension and a more sporty ride. The v is boring. Efficient and reliable, but boring.

Hello everyone. NewB from central PA. I am planning on upgrading from my 2012 Suzuki V Strom 650 to either a FJ-09 or Triumph Tiger 800. I am leaning toward the fj. So I joined the forum to do research and so far this seems like a great site with a lot of information.
They are completely different bikes. What type of riding do you plan on doing? 
If there's a lot of gravel, get the tiger. But for sreet duties I'd pick FJ.

They are completely different bikes. What type of riding do you plan on doing? 
If there's a lot of gravel, get the tiger. But for sreet duties I'd pick FJ.

Very little gravel. That's what the dr 650 is for. This will be for daily commute, weekend trips and fun on pavement.

I just got back from dealer. They do not allow test rides. Yamaha demo truck is going to be close next week, Johnstown PA, Thunder in the Valley. Going to wait till then to demo ride and make up my mind
My dealer "doesn't allow demo rides" either but I still got one. I told them I really want the bike, got approved for financing and told them I couldn't bring myself to buy a vehicle I've never driven. They brought out their pre-drafted test drive paperwork, "for the test drives they don't allow", so I could sign them and I was off. They just wanted to know I was serious about buying as they didn't want to discount a bike to someone else because it has 5 miles on it.

• 2 weeks later...
504628AD-4A4E-498E-A329-F3DAB6F7B545_zpsx9wwl49u.jpg 
Got it today.  Dealer gave me a pretty good deal trading in my 2012 Suzuki VStrom 650.  Put 100 miles on today, so far very pleased.
Congrats! Even got the right color! Looks good!

504628AD-4A4E-498E-A329-F3DAB6F7B545_zpsx9wwl49u.jpg 
Got it today.  Dealer gave me a pretty good deal trading in my 2012 Suzuki VStrom 650.  Put 100 miles on today, so far very pleased.
Congrats! Even got the right color! Looks good!
Thank you.  Now let the farkling begin and to rack up some mile  :D

Archived