Hello from Upstate NY

yamadog67

Yes it is different Upstate.
I'm looking to buy a new bike. A real NEW bike, modern technology. I'm looking for a light weight tourer.  I've been looking at Honda and Kawi, mostly, because they are here. I'm kind of brand loyal to Yamaha just because I've been riding them so long. I was hot to buy the FZ-09 until I heard  all the bad reports. Then Yamaha listened and brought out the FJ-09.  This might be it. It has everything I want and it's Red and Black.
Yamadog,

XS650H
XVZ1200
FJ1200

• 4 weeks later...
Guest eatpasta
Yes it is different Upstate. I'm looking to buy a new bike. A real NEW bike, modern technology. I'm looking for a light weight tourer.  I've been looking at Honda and Kawi, mostly, because they are here. I'm kind of brand loyal to Yamaha just because I've been riding them so long. I was hot to buy the FZ-09 until I heard  all the bad reports. Then Yamaha listened and brought out the FJ-09.  This might be it. It has everything I want and it's Red and Black.
Yamadog,

agree and agree.  Seems like the FJ has all of the good updates plus the upright riding position.... this bike is going to be very popular.... 

Yes it is different Upstate. I'm looking to buy a new bike. A real NEW bike, modern technology. I'm looking for a light weight tourer.  I've been looking at Honda and Kawi, mostly, because they are here. I'm kind of brand loyal to Yamaha just because I've been riding them so long. I was hot to buy the FZ-09 until I heard  all the bad reports. Then Yamaha listened and brought out the FJ-09.  This might be it. It has everything I want and it's Red and Black.
Yamadog,

G'day yamadog Know what you mean re brand loyalty...
From the pic in your Avatar it looks like you have a XS650.  My first bike was a Yamaha XS650 (B or C model I think).  Bought it in '74 second hand.  Loved that bike (flexible frame and all :)).  So have a soft spot for Yammys!!
Am very keen to try out the new Yammy tripple (FT-09 Tracer as it will be called in Oz).  It's being release here in April - just in time for our cold weather ???, and can't wait to try it out.
Cheers
Mick

Thanks. My first four stroke was a brand new 1972 XS2. The 1980 in my avatar I bought in 1989 for my daughter, but kept it for myself. I found her a pristine 1981 XS650SH. I had the '80 for 24 years, sold it in May 2013. Yes, I wish I had kept it. It was not exactly stock.
I'm like you looking forward to trying out the FJ-09.
Yamadog
XS650H
XVZ1200
FJ1200

• Premium Member
Welcome, hope the snow doesn't keep you down too long.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
years ago I was an audio engineer on WARPED tour. Every day the bus would stop in a new town and unless you were following along with the schedule, generally you had no idea where you were.
The week before we had been all over BC so when the bus stopped in the morning and I got out I just assumed that we were still somewhere in Canada. I then found out that we were in upstate NY.
"We're in New York?!" I couldn't believe my eyes - it was so beautiful there...I certainly didnt want to leave.... so I totally understand living up there

Guest eatpasta
I have a friend who wants to get out. A lot of it is very economically depressed, and even though he is doing well, the social scence sucks for a non-typical guy in his mid 30s. He wants to move to the PacNW or Colorado.
I totally get it.....both of the places he wants to move to are amazing as well.  Whenever Im up in Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Washington I just dont ever want to leave. 

Archived