Seat pads?

That price is pretty good for the Amphibious Softseat, except for that darn exchange rate to Canada, plus the shipping costs. I wish I would have known about this as I need one for my wife for the pillion seat...but we are leaving on the weekend.
Dang that's too bad! 
Where are you guys headed off to?

Headed to Banff National Park for a few days.Should be fun.  We usually cage it, but I've convinced my wife we should do it on 2 wheels.  Just have to pack less...now that is another story hahah. 

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Tried the medium gel from Cycle Gear, took it off halfway through my ride.
Wiggled and moved around way too much.

Currently using the touring Pro pad Leather, so a bit hot.
But it's from my Harley with the heating element.
The large would be the perfect fit.
Just don't get leather, go with the velour or the Tech Pad.

Definitely helps but I'm leaning towards what others have said it's the seat
2015 FJ-09, Red/Black, Hard Sidecases, Rear Rack with 39L & 50L Top Case, Tank bag with GPS cover. Comfort seat, Now Corban seat, Givi Crash Bars/Sidestand Foot/Sport Touring Windshield, Rad protector, Blaster-x taillight/flasher, HighTechSpeed Proton FZ6R flushmounts (Front) & X-Arc (Rear) additional turn signals & markers, Fender Eliminator/LED plate light. CF fenders/Front extenstion, chain protector and frame filler. Akra Ti exhaust. FTECU with Akro open tune.

I've been using an AirHawk for 8 years now and have just moved it from one bike to the next.

Because of the shape of the FJ09's forward displacement, it has taken me some time to get right placement for it....but I think I've nailed it now.
Long days in the saddle are much more comfortable now.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

I'm about to spring for an AirHawk.  Would you care to elaborate on positioning?

I tried an Airhawk but found it much too 'wobbly' - to the point I found it dangerous during spirited riding on twisty roads. Probably OK if you spend 99% of your time on straight roads or are happy to pussy-foot round the bends, but really not for me.
The Bagster seat is not that expensive and for me is infinitely more comfortable than stock (especially if you spring for the Bultex foam option), good looking (let's face it the Airhawk is like putting a nappy - diaper to you guys- on the bike) and better than stock for enthusiastic riding.

• 7 months later...
I use the Freedom Air, which won a butt pad competition in a 2011 comparison review in Motorcycle Consumer News.

My first one lasted about nine years, and I purchased my second one when I bought my 2016 FJ last August. Not cheap, but the XL is very comfortable. You let out as much air  as possible to give you a low cushion; works like a charm.

I have no connection to the manufacturer, but am a satisfied customer. You can see it here on Amazon <https://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Air-X-Large-Cruiser-Cushion/dp/B00DBFNZ9E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1489434585&sr=8-4&keywords=freedom+air+motorcycle+seat+cushion>

• 5 months later...
I use a Coleman ATV cover. It covers the driver seat very well and carries onto the passenger seat where I have my tailbag sitting on the back end of it. Cheap and works well.

Thanks! Just bought one of these and it works great to soften the bumps on long rides. Also snaps on and off quickly if you leave the straps under the seat. No need for trailbag to keep the back down.

• Premium Member
I use the Moto-Skiveez undergarment, they are like bike shorts, but padded in the places that keep you comfortable on the motorcycle. They run around $65 USD per pair.

I 've used the bead seat and one of these
https://www.buttbuffer.com/

The bead seat worked pretty well on my old bike, not so well on the fj. Alot depends on the riding position i think. The seat pad worked pretty well on the fj. I used it on a week long trip back in may riding up to 600 miles in one day. I could not have survivd w/o the pad. It made it tolerable and thats about it. I have a seargent now and keep the pad in reserve. Like I said it does the job but don't expect miracles. Thats probably true of most of these fixes.

• 1 month later...
I've used my airhawk on a few previous bikes with flatter seats, but haven't had the chance yet on my FJ. The width of the pad may overlap a bit too much on the stock FJ seat, but I really don't know yet.

For long, straight, boring rides that last more than a couple hours I love my airhawk, it's a revolution in comfort. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone that had some super slab ahead of them. But, I remove it if the road is going to be any fun at all. It gives a weird disconnected/ floating feeling which isn't helpful if you're trying to have fun.

They say there's an optimum inflation for comfort where you're just barely floating about the stock seat. For me, this is true-ish. I like to switch it up if I'm on the bike for a long time.

• Premium Member
I tried the Airhawk and found to just add a little bit of air in it or it felt like I was riding on a bubble. Brought it back to the store?
Want to try a sheepskin.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Archived