FJ-09 vid -Do people know how much TCS pulls back the motor?

Pretty sure everyone here is aware of how similar the two bikes are.  Also sure everyone here who has twisted the throttle of an FJ-09 realizes it can easily pull front tire off the ground and the TCS puts it back down.  Not directly trying to be a dick but there are tons of posts on this.  Yes I know, I know, the cycle of every forum.  But this forum is too new to miss these.

Thx and no problems here.

Been here a week since buying. I searched earlier and the vid hasn't been posted here before. I also searched the recent topics earlier (typically the last month or longer) and saw nothing relevant on the topic. I had no idea that the TCS was holding the bike back that much in my riding. It felt uncannily balanced lol.

More recently I've been looking at older posts and have seen some discussion on the topic buried in some posts. At least it's out again for the benefit of the forum. Cheers

I am thankful for TCS. 99% of the time I want to be able to give it gas without having to worry about my front wheel floating. I will admit it's nice to have the option to turn it off though. I personally hope that rider in the video gets busted. That was some pretty reckless driving. I have never been impressed with guys doing wheelies through traffic. There's several YouTube videos of guys riding like this on the FJ though... I'm more impressed with what can be done on a track. You don't see the fastest riders doing many wheelies because they know it takes power to lift the wheel that could be used to propel the bike forward. I've seen some freestyle tricks that are quite impressive too, but that's all closed course where it doesn't put innocent people at risk and the rider doesn't have to worry about cagers. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Just for the sake of experimentation, turned off the TCS for the first time today. Big difference! It feels almost like the rear brake was dragging and now its off. Was thinking that re-flash wasn't necessary but seeing how much the electronics affect the FJ makes me reconsider.

• Premium Member
Turned off TCS and went to a long empty parking lot. Moderate throttle at 4k rooms and the front wheel came off the ground. I haven't ridden a bike that wheelies this easily since my buddy's R1 with exhaust, fuel map, and velocity stacks (that wheelied more easily, though). :) :)

Archived