FJ-09 Flash Feedback

Thanks guys. So I guess the best thing to do is make all the engines mods first and then tell him what you have done (eg: what exhaust system and anything else...) before sending him the ECU? 
Depends on your wallet and timeline. If you plan doing a bunch of stuff right now, sure, wait til it's all done then shoot me an email/message with your ecu! if you're looking at say 6-12 months? Just get the flash and enjoy the bike in the meantime until you upgrade it, then we just reflash it when you're ready. 

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
A big thank you and thumbs up to Nels and Pat who re-flashed my ecu this past week. I just got back from my initial ride and couldn't be happier. Much less engine breaking resulting in smooth transition from zero throttle to roll on in all gears, in both "A" mode and standard mode, didn't try "B" mode as it wasn't raining, Lol. You can just pretty much lug it in any gear and it will accelerate smoothly. Totally different bike. I highly recommend them.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Shipped out the ECU Friday, got it back today (only 5 days)!  They checked in with me when they received it and when they shipped it.

I'm running stock exhaust with the only change being the removal of the foam piece at the front of the tank.  All I can say is I loved the triple before but now she pulls even harder, yet smoother.  It's like for about $300 bucks I've added 100cc's.  Mode A was great with much of the abruptness GONE!  

I also really like the intake sound now, she really growls!  Swwweeettt!

• Premium Member
Mine gets back to me tomorrow! Can't wait to try it. I loved the stoltec tune on my fz and that had no fueling mods.

So what's this about cruise control? Is that a thing that can be flashed together with adding the switch from other Yamaha cruise control bikes? Does the throttle need another servo motor or can the Ebutterflies and efueling and speed sensors already on the bike do all this, just the control buttons and program is missing?

OK. Time for my 2WheelDynoworks flash review.. I took advantage of the black friday sale, so let's start out with the USPS. Living on the east coast, I figure I'm about a worst case for the mail. Additionally, I live in a town that shares the post office with another town. Total population of the two towns is about 2500 people, so I expect a one day delay in getting mail to the regional center before it really moves out. I mailed the ecu out on Monday and it was received in Washington on Thursday. No complaints there at all.

Then a phone call from Nells on Thursday as I headded home from work. He described the options, and it really was an unnecessary call, since my bike is stock and I just wanted the throttle smoothed out. But we had a nice chat. These are good people! He promised the unit would go out that day and he would send the tracking number. Friday I get the text message and check the tracking. Says Monday delivery, which made sence to me. But hola! Saturday comes and the ecu shows up in the mail and is installed pdq.

Sunday is good weather and I burned a tank on all two lane. Very pleased so far. At 7000 miles on the bike I have been happy enough, but the throttle was jerky and over sensitive. That description is no longer valid. Now it's like a bike is supposed to be, and that's reallly all you can ask for. Starting out in first gear is now much easier and more consistant, because of the better throttle control off idle. Engine smoothness is some improved, but my engine has always been smooth. Those who complain of vibration need to look to throttle sync. Can't comment yet on gas mileage, but it appears to be little affected.

So the summary is that this upgrade is a no brainer. Oh, also the engine braking is reduced from stock. For me, that's a let down, as I'm coming from BMW boxers which have huge engine braking. Others may not really have issue with this, and there is still braking there, just reduced some.

It will be interesting to get out on the highway, but that will likely wait until next spring unless we get a warm snap. Once the snow or cold comes in my area, it's time to put the bike away.

Archived