Dzell side stand extension plate

basstodave

Warning: I just installed this accessory. This is my initial impression.

The Dzell side stand extension plate is sold on Ebay and comes from South Korea. It looks great, is accurately machined to fit the OEM sidestand foot and even comes with a small amount of loctite.
But...just like the really crappy R&G extender it isn't beveled, although the picture makes it look like it is, so the bike rests on the inside of the enlarger on a hard surface.
I'm sure if you parked on soft ground often it would be just about right.
Also the bottom of the plate is about a mere 1/16" thick soft aluminum. I'm not sure about it's long term durability particularly when deployed on asphalt and concrete regularly. And if you look at the picture you will see the top cover has a lip on the inside that hovers about 1/8" over the ground but is easily bent out of the way.
For $60.98 shipped I find it overpriced and a bit flimsy though well machined, a good fit and unobtrusive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-MT-09-FZ-09-FJ-09-TRACER-Dzell-side-stand-extension-plate-/321785022922?vxp=mtr

I used the side stand today on different surfaces including pea gravel and packed sand. It works nicely. It looks great. It may be more durable than I make it seem. And thinking about how it isn't beveled to lie completely parallel to the ground like the foot on the sidestand does, I realize that maybe because it is wider and longer if it were parallel it might make it more difficult to perch properly? I like it and here in 110 degree Tucson it will be somewhat necessary. Also parking it on a sloping patch of ground, I think the wider platform makes the bike more secure.

Nice writeup - I have a gal pal that is in Phx - and sent me a pic of her weather report... 115* tying the record from some years back. Sounds like your going to be able to get that hot asphalt review here sooner then expected!

Nice writeup - I have a gal pal that is in Phx - and sent me a pic of her weather report... 115* tying the record from some years back. Sounds like your going to be able to get that hot asphalt review here sooner then expected!
Thanks mcaanda. It is a dry miserable life threatening heat. I can farkle my FJ to the max. Just can't ride it during the day for the next 3 or 4 months. There is a wicked irony here. Abundant sunshine and you can't step out of the air conditioning.

Archived