Hello from North Carolina

• Premium Member
Hello,

Just joined today, my Wife & I also looked at a new FJ-09 today. We decided to buy a new FJ-09 this month or next month.
Appreciate everything learned during researching this bike, looking for a two up and solo twisty machine. Looks like the FJ-09
will fill both needs. We both have Dual Sport bikes for riding fire roads, too. Ride in the NC mountains close to Morganton & Marion NC.

Bill

Hello there! Great area of the country to ride in. I visit the NC mountains a couple times a year; just down there two weeks ago with the FZ-09.org guys. Be sure to talk your selling dealer into a test ride if possible. You will love the power of the motor compare to other bikes in the class. My hope is they will add cruise control in the next model year or later as this would make the bike perfect.

• Premium Member
Hello, 
Just joined today, my Wife & I also looked at a new FJ-09 today. We decided to buy a new FJ-09 this month or next month.
Appreciate everything learned during researching this bike, looking for a two up and solo twisty machine. Looks like the FJ-09
will fill both needs. We both have Dual Sport bikes for riding fire roads, too. Ride in the NC mountains close to Morganton & Marion NC.

Bill

Bill, I'm in the G'boro, NC area and you're more than welcome to take my FJ-09 for a ride if you're in the area! I've done quite a few things to mine since I bought it late in December. ECU reflash by Nels, Seat Concepts seat, LED turn signals, Motodynamic brake light, Koubla mirror extenders, LED knuckle guards, Yamaha hard bags and grip heaters, FZ-6 pegs, Full Rear hugger from France, Rear Rack on the way. I think that's all.  :) 
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
Took me longer than planned but, Very happy to say I finally purchased a 2015 FJ09 today!!!!! Can't wait to get this bike on some twistys!

Wanted a FJ09 since joining here during 2015. Been watching the local Craigslist, but found a 2015 for sale today in the classified section here. This FJ was located about 2 1/2 hours from home in NC.

Here's some of the mods:

Yamaha engine protector, radiator guard, frame sliders, crash bars, factory cases, and larger windscreen.

This is what followed me home today:

IMG_1944_zpsglfev8ey.jpg

IMG_1945_zpsmg4edsit.jpg

• Premium Member
Bill excellent! Welcome to being an FJ-09 owner!
I do love mine and can't wait to get the forks back from Cogent Dynamics.
?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

Archived