Just brought home my new FJ-09!

Picked up a brand new gray one at Sloan's in Tennessee for $9,440 (no idea if that's a good deal or not??).  Immediately loved it.  SO MUCH bike for the money.  Ended up riding home in B mode because it was pouring rain.  It felt totally confident the entire ride.  Wind protection works great.  I couldn't tell a huge difference between 80mph and 40.  The only other bike I've owned is a 1979 Honda cx500, which starts to buffet badly at around 70mph.  I'm definitely going to have to get used to the flat torque curve; the difference between 1st and 2nd is really hard to get a feel for.

My only complaint is the seat.  I have a 32" inseam, so the stock seat simply does not get low enough to get both heels down.  If it were narrower it'd be perfect.  I'll probably invest in the narrower Yamaha seat unless someone on the forums can recommend something else.

Anyway, absolutely thrilled with the purchase.  Love this bike and stoked to be here.

The seat actually has two height adjustments. I would verify that its on the lowest setting before you start buying stuff. Pop the seat off, and there should be a black plastic bracket underneath it. It pops out and flips over, depending on which way it will raise or lower the seat. Just a thought!

Also 9,440 is a great price. My dealer wouldnt budge off of retail but waived all the stupid setup/delivery fees.

Congrats on the purchase! I'm a 32" inseam as well but ride on the higher position for more leg room while riding.  Unless you have lots of money left over, don't look at any of the Mod and Farlkle posts!!  :)

Brian

Picked up a brand new gray one at Sloan's in Tennessee for $9,440 (no idea if that's a good deal or not??).  Immediately loved it.  SO MUCH bike for the money.  Ended up riding home in B mode because it was pouring rain.  It felt totally confident the entire ride.  Wind protection works great.  I couldn't tell a huge difference between 80mph and 40.  The only other bike I've owned is a 1979 Honda cx500, which starts to buffet badly at around 70mph.  I'm definitely going to have to get used to the flat torque curve; the difference between 1st and 2nd is really hard to get a feel for. 
My only complaint is the seat.  I have a 32" inseam, so the stock seat simply does not get low enough to get both heels down.  If it were narrower it'd be perfect.  I'll probably invest in the narrower Yamaha seat unless someone on the forums can recommend something else.

Anyway, absolutely thrilled with the purchase.  Love this bike and stoked to be here.

What part of Tennessee do you reside in? 

• Premium Member
What part of Tennessee do you reside in? 

Sloan's is in Murfreesboro, so I'm assuming somewhere near Nashville. That makes 2 near Nashville. I'm kind of close to Memphis.

@OP - mine was $9600 at Memphis Yamaha, so $9440 is, IMO, a good deal.

Archived