Rifle Windshield

zimbob

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried this windshield yesterday. Wind protection is much improved ,but I still get some wind buffeting.I tried the highest setting I may try it a bit lower. Right now the air hits right at eye level. Maybe its my helmet that is just loud. (Shoei Quest)

• 1 month later...
I wondered if I should have gotten the larger shield mine is the +4". At the highest setting its just below eye level for me. With the larger one I could always lower it if need be. I would like to know if the shield pushes you around on the highway when its windy or trucks are around.Looks good though I like the frame sliders

I wondered if I should have gotten the larger shield mine is the +4". At the highest setting its just below eye level for me. With the larger one I could always lower it if need be. I would like to know if the shield pushes you around on the highway when its windy or trucks are around.Looks good though I like the frame sliders
Is quite normal for the screen to flex or move due to high speed riding or strong wind from the side or from a big vehicle in front. I belief this apply to all types of tall screen.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
@zimbob and/or @kevinkbl , y'all have had these for a little while, what's your thoughts? And, do you mind saying how tall you are?
Hi cman I am 1.72m (5.6 foot), this screen (+6 inches) may not have the sporty look but is perfect for me, I ride my bike everyday rain or shine with my wife as pillion.The quality of the screen is top-notch., mine is medium bronze colour.I wear a Shoei Mutitec & Neotec, I can ride comfortably with my visor  up, the wind just blast above top side of the helmet. I can hear my  Giannelli exhaust loud and clear. ;) Such height is not meant for high speed riding, if you are the type knee-down rider or love to wheelie your bike, this will not suite you.

• Premium Member
@zimbob and/or @kevinkbl , y'all have had these for a little while, what's your thoughts? And, do you mind saying how tall you are?
Hi cman I am 1.72m (5.6 foot), this screen (+6 inches) may not have the sporty look but is perfect for me, I ride my bike everyday rain or shine with my wife as pillion.The quality of the screen is top-notch., mine is medium bronze colour.I wear a Shoei Mutitec & Neotec, I can ride comfortably with my visor  up, the wind just blast above top side of the helmet. I can hear my  Giannelli exhaust loud and clear. ;) Such height is not meant for high speed riding, if you are the type knee-down rider or love to wheelie your bike, this will not suite you.

Thanks @kevinkbl , I appreciate you getting back to me. 
I'm taller than you (6' 3"), but I am still thinking about getting one.  I recently put the stock screen back on my bike (I've been running an Ermax short/sport) and I like the look better.  My only real complaint now is that it *seems* like a lot of wind comes around the sides.  I got to thinking that if the stock one was wider (I don't use the hand guards so that's not an issue) it might be better and that's what lead me to finding the Rifle screen.

I ordered the Rifle +2"but don't have it yet. At 5'6" I just wanted a little bit more than the stock screen. I have a Rifle on my FZ1 and it is a great high quality screen

Archived