Rifle Windshield

zimbob

Wow that looks great. Your pictures are much better than the ones on the Powerbronze site. I think that fits the front end of the bike much better than others but that is only my cosmetic opinion. Have to see how it works. They make a taller one too but at 5'7" I think this one should work well for me. Can't wait to get it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looked much better than givi (but givi bigger). I think they do the one I have pics of that has cut aways for handguards and one that's slightly taller but may interfere with guards. I couldn't confirm that though. The screen did look good at the show.

• Premium Member
Looked much better than givi (but givi bigger). I think they do the one I have pics of that has cut aways for handguards and one that's slightly taller but may interfere with guards. I couldn't confirm that though. The screen did look good at the show.
Powerbronze have several options now - I have reviewed the Y142 here http://fj-09.org/thread/863/powerbronze-screen and there's a link to my final set-up with the Puig spoiler. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Wessie, just read your review and thought it very good. You mentioned the big lump of a badge on the screen. I've had several Powerbronze screens on other bikes and the badge always peeled right off. Maybe our warmer Florida climate makes the glue softer or you just need to try a hair dryer on it.

• Premium Member
Wessie, just read your review and thought it very good. You mentioned the big lump of a badge on the screen. I've had several Powerbronze screens on other bikes and the badge always peeled right off. Maybe our warmer Florida climate makes the glue softer or you just need to try a hair dryer on it.
I don't mind it now - saves having to tell people what it is...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Kevinbkl, if you don't mind, where did you get those frame sliders and those convex mirrors you've mounted to the stock mirrors???

Thx,

-CD-
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

Alejandro wondered: "Some helmets may be quieter if the rider is in a more sport-bike position, and noisier upright, or vice versa? Does anyone have any insights on this?"

*Everything* makes a difference - the bike, the windshield, the clothes you're wearing, the helmet, etc. I find that, generally, the quietest helmets have a good, snug neck fitment and a shield that closes down very securely.

After getting burned a coupla times with helmets I *thought* would be quiet but were not, I absolutely will not buy a helmet unless I have previous experience with it OR if the stealership will allow me a reasonable (10-20 minute) test ride. And if they do allow me a test ride, I am always sure to buy the helmet from them. I'll knock 'em down on the price a bit, but I do want to support local, biker-friendly dealerships...

-CD-

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

Kevinbkl, if you don't mind, where did you get those frame sliders and those convex mirrors you've mounted to the stock mirrors??? 
Thx,

-CD-

The frame slider is from eBay,
The convex mirrors is from our local petrol kiosk. I have also installed a R&G mirror extender, it extended vertically. I would highly recommend these combinations as I ride daily in high traffic city environment. This allow me to check our bike blind-spot easier.

Alejandro wondered: "Some helmets may be quieter if the rider is in a more sport-bike position, and noisier upright, or vice versa? Does anyone have any insights on this?" 
*Everything* makes a difference - the bike, the windshield, the clothes you're wearing, the helmet, etc. I find that, generally, the quietest helmets have a good, snug neck fitment and a shield that closes down very securely.

After getting burned a coupla times with helmets I *thought* would be quiet but were not, I absolutely will not buy a helmet unless I have previous experience with it OR if the stealership will allow me a reasonable (10-20 minute) test ride. And if they do allow me a test ride, I am always sure to buy the helmet from them. I'll knock 'em down on the price a bit, but I do want to support local, biker-friendly dealerships...

-CD-

I would highly recommend a Shoei Neotec.

• 2 months later...

Archived