Mirrors

• Premium Member
I was impressed with their effectiveness when I sat on the FJ-09 at the dealer. I could actually see what was almost directly behind the bike, not just a view of my elbows. Way better than the Daytona I'm on.

Guest eatpasta
I was impressed with their effectiveness when I sat on the FJ-09 at the dealer. I could actually see what was almost directly behind the bike, not just a view of my elbows.
mirrors that work?  That's insanity 
::)

• Premium Member
Tuck in your elbows like the rest of us, take a peak, and go on your way, no problem. I actually found the mirrors quite nice, but I am 6' tall. On my old KTM450EXC, you would look under your arms to see the aftermarket mirrors I put on it. The wifes Street Triple is ok for me also. I guess I am use to it.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I see the shoulders of the road and my elbows and shoulders.   I have to pull in my elbows to see what is behind me. View if fine as to what is beside me. I think part of the problem is not where they are positioned but the actual shape of the mirrors.  Among previous machines I owned a Spyder RT and the mirrors on that one were big and positioned below the shoulders. You could see everything. I guess that spoiled me.

Possibly another option for mirrors would be some bar-end type, just now sure if they could mount with the handguards and then it will increase the width of the bike, which some say is wide already compared to others (handlebar width).

Archived