Hi and insurance question

I have Pacific Specialty. I only started to ride last December, so I'm considered a new rider. No accidents/tickets. I only insure my bike through them, my renters and car is separate.

But with full coverage, 2k accessory coverage, and 500/500 deductibles, and roadside, I pay $700/year.

• Premium Member
I'm paying $240 per year with $250/$100 deductibles from State Farm, but I just got my card and see they mis-identified it as a FZ-09. I called my agent today to have it corrected but haven't heard if there'll be a change. Hopefully not! 
MartyL's reply....
That's about what I'm paying with State Farm but keep in mind I have multiple vehicles with them and what kept the cost down is, "Stacking" as my P.I.P. is off of another vehicle I own and it carries over to the other vehicles. Saves money that way and I'm still covered. Also, my agent did the same exact thing writing the FJ09 up as a FZ09. She had to go off of the VIN to pull up on her computer the FJ09 as the model wasn't in her computer drop down list. Most likely because it's a new model. Didn't change the rate but more importantly make sure you emphasize the model to whatever agent is working with you to get it right on your Ins. Card and paper work. Ins. prices vary as we all know based on driving record, environment, age, etc... So all in all it's best to shop around and shop every couple of years. It's just like Health,Home,car Ins. etc... Got to shop it to keep the cost down...

A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I didn't end up buying a FJ but I did price the insurance. I am with Geico and the bike with have been registered in MN. With a $250/$250 comp/collision deductible I was at $180 a year. Surprisingly this was less than my Vstrom but 3 times the cost of my CTX. The bike I ended up buying ('14 Ninja 1000 ABS) was $380 a year. I have very high PIP and liability coverage and carry $1k in medical coverage (just enough to cover the ER deductible and my normal health insurance will pick up the rest). One thing to keep in mind is I did have a multibike discount. Not really sure how much difference that made but probably 15-20%.

Archived