GreaseNinja or equivalent?

lapuree

Hi,
I'm no fan of Cameleon/scoot oilers but I'm looking for something to make less of a mess and put oil more efficiently on the chain (I know, I can either use a piece of cardboard but I still find that messy or use a toothpast and a more paste-like lubricant but I find that not super efficient. And yes, I like freakin' gadgets...).
So I found this on the net, very low tech ($20 shipped to Europe):
GN020611Group.jpg.w560h120.jpg GreaseNinja

Do you of any other like this, maybe that would be even messier (on this one, I'd guess lube would still get a bit on the floor)?

Side question: does someone know the chain size of the FJ09? The site let's you choose between 525-530 and 428/520

Thanks, and for those who can, enjoy this weekend ride on your FJ!

Hi, I'm no fan of Cameleon/scoot oilers but I'm looking for something to make less of a mess and put oil more efficiently on the chain (I know, I can either use a piece of cardboard but I still find that messy or use a toothpast and a more paste-like lubricant but I find that not super efficient. And yes, I like freakin' gadgets...).

Do you of any other like this, maybe that would be even messier (on this one, I'd guess lube would still get a bit on the floor)?

Side question: does someone know the chain size of the FJ09? The site let's you choose between 525-530 and 428/520

I'm guessing 525 based on part description

Chain (Did 525V10-110Ll)
94582-31110-00

Based on link here

I just use an old sock. Fold it in half lengthwise and put it behind and under the chain in front of the rear wheel. Hold sock it in place with left hand, and spray a 5" section of chain liberally. The lube blasts the dirt right off mostly. Lightly wipe the section of chain and spin the wheel to move the chain forward 5", repeat.... Takes 2 mins.

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

Hi, I'm no fan of Cameleon/scoot oilers but I'm looking for something to make less of a mess and put oil more efficiently on the chain (I know, I can either use a piece of cardboard but I still find that messy or use a toothpast and a more paste-like lubricant but I find that not super efficient. And yes, I like freakin' gadgets...).

I bought one recently and have used it twice now. Not a necessity for lubing your chain but none the less handy to have. 
Pros:
- No lube on rear wheel or bike during application without the need to shield them
- Perfectly distributes lube on both sides of chain, it's normally hard to get lube on the back side of the chain
- No need to shield things with cardboard or paper towel
- Uses less lube and less wastage

Negs:
- I can see the straws it comes with getting lost, best to order a straw replacement kit with it for the extra $3
- It's too big to lug with you on the bike or put in a regular size tool box so you need to store it some place in your garage where the straws won't get separated or lost
- It's not as easy to hold in one hand and spray as the video suggests, the straw frequently pops off the can till you get the hang of it

Archived