vcyclenut ECU review

First let me start by saying that it is not my intent to try to take business from the forum sponsor who does ecu flashing. I only want to inform others that there are other options available.

It was pretty evident shortly after taking ownership of my FJ that the ECU would need to be flashed. I've been waiting for the interface to be released for the FJ so I could have it flashed. I found this forum and noticed that one of the site sponsors had the flash available, however I wasn't thrilled with the price. I didn't need/want a fuel map installed, I only wanted the throttle restrictions removed and the on/off throttle smoothed out.

After talking with a local FZ-09 owner I learned of vcyclenut, who has been a friend to the FZ guys for a while now. This option was much more appealing to me price wise. I had him flash my ecu without adding a fuel map, although he did offer it for no additional charge and sent it to me so I could run it in my PCV. I will have my bike tuned locally to yeild the best results for my setup and location, but his base map felt good.

Let me say that it makes a drastic difference in the fun factor of the bike. No more speed limiter and A mode is buttery smooth now. It feels like a different bike in A mode and the throttle is smoother in all modes, exactly what I wanted. I also had the temp that the fans turn on lowered so the coolant doesn't get as hot while I'm in traffic.

I highly recommend his service, I had my ECU back within a week of mailing it out. He charges $180 for the flash with free reflashes. www.vcyclenut.com

• 2 months later...
As a happy and satisfied customer of Vcyclenut / David I can attest to the above. The flash transforms the Triple and his customer service is exemplary - I love that he offers free lifetime flashes to the original purchaser, so that's useful if I add an aftermarket exhaust in the future.

I also went this direction, mostly because I'm a cheap bastard.   (rofl) 

David has awesome customer service and will answer questions any time of the day or night. One thing he did I love is having the fan come on a little earlier @195.

• Premium Member
Good to know about options. I wish there was someone in CA doing this that I could just ride to. What is the difference between getting a fuel map, and a reflash? I thought they were all part of the process.

Also, if the cooling fan comes on at 195, I wonder if it might be running non-stop during hot weather, even when the bike is moving. That could be not ideal.

Thanks,
Jeff
Pistons or pedals, 2 wheels are where it's at...

Good to know about options. I wish there was someone in CA doing this that I could just ride to. What is the difference between getting a fuel map, and a reflash? I thought they were all part of the process.  
Also, if the cooling fan comes on at 195, I wonder if it might be running non-stop during hot weather, even when the bike is moving. That could be not ideal.

Thanks,
Jeff
NO the fan doesn't run non stop, and I'm in Texas

I guess it technically is still pieces of the tune for the FJ-09 that flashtunes developed with 2wheeldynoworks and then passed out to it's tuners because they all have to go thru flashtunes to get it.

There are always gonna be other choices for all products, trust me I respect all, just as long as everyone understands that it's the vendors on this board who pay for this place and are the reason it is on you you visit.

Archived