Parabellum windshield

illies17

Has anyone tried the large Parabellum windshield yet?? I think it's the leading contender of the windshield I want to try. I'm 6'3" and it looks like it will be the best chances of solving turbulence issues for a tall rider. But it doesn't seem to be as popular as some of the other shields people are using like the CalSci shields and others. It would be great to hear from someone who has this shield!

http://parabellum.com/FJ-09-Replacement-Touring-Windshield-P124.aspx

• Premium Member
I ordered both the medium (24") and the fly screen. Haven't received a ship date yet. I am hopeful since the shapes match the conclusions I had reached based on my own experience, reading others opinions of their aftermarket screens and my own experimentation!

Fingers crossed!
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

I should be getting mine mounted up this week. Getting the tall touring and the fly screen. I'll report back, but I'm thinking it'll be just the right combo. They are a small family business, with excellent customer service.
Send pics and a report on the experience of the new 'shield.  This one is on the short list for me.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm thinking about getting the tall that is tinted but I have not seen photos of a tinted model yet. My other option is the Madstad but to be honest i havent seen enough reviews on either.

I'll contact them and see if they have any pictures of the tinted model they can post up.

I'm thinking about getting the tall that is tinted but I have not seen photos of a tinted model yet. My other option is the Madstad but to be honest i havent seen enough reviews on either.
The tint on the touring screen is the same as on the flyscreen.  Here's my flyscreen for reference: 
http://i.imgur.com/CpsXduw.jpg

The flyscreen is much better than the stock screen.  Amazingly, it's about the same wind coverage with less turbulence.  The touring screen is great too, I hope to put some more miles on it over the next few months.  You can't beat the service from the guys at Parabellum, too.
'15 FJ-09
Red is the fastest color!

Prototype Parabellum screens
Shogun sliders
SC seats
Radiator screen

• Premium Member
I am very happy with my flyscreen. I played around with the mounting and ended up not using the big rubber bumpers at the top. have intermediate sized spacers in the top two mounting holes. This angled it back more and lowered the point where the wind hits me to my chin. A little loud, but mostly smooth air and a million times better and better looking than the silly stock screen.
I will be messing around with the big screen this weekend. Not sure about it yet.
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Purchased the 24". 5'11 31 inseam. Totally removed all wind noise. Can ride at 60 with no felt wind or noise in all positions. Looking over windshield in highest position. Great product! Now waiting on seat concepts seat. Local upholstery shop says he'll do it when it comes in!

• Premium Member
So after talking to Parabellum about the big touring screen, I tried angling it back just like the flyscreen. It worked amazingly well.
I am 5'8" with a 29" inseam and the 24" worked well for me after angling it back. What is nice is riding with the visor cracked for a little fresh air without the huge increase in noise.

Since someone asked for heights - My eye is 7 inches above the top of the windscreen (67 and 60 inches off the ground, bike on center stand)

Parabellum really knows their stuff. Highly recommended!
The photo link is a (bad photo) trying to show the arrangement of the mounting hardware. Stock rubber bumper, parabellum Aztec washer stack for top screw and then washer stack plus spacer for the bottom.
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/daleh627/media/Screen%20mounting_zpswfirrdxa.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Cheers

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• 1 month later...

Archived