Best deal on FZ-09 FJ-09 Oil and Filters.

How does $7.59 per quart of Synthetic 10/50 motorcycle oil and $10.60 K&N sound?

I like to stock up on oil and filters and buying in bulk ensures that we always get the best deal and always have materials in our garage.

First off, I order from Amazon Castrol Racing Power RS Synthetic 10W-50 4-Stroke Motorcycle Oil in a pack of six for $45.58 shipped.
This comes out to $7.59 per quart! this is great oil, very highly rated and locally you will pay $12.00 per quart for this stuff.

For filter, also from Amazon, I use the K&N KN-204 Motorcycle/Powersports High Performance Oil Filter for $10.67 with free shipping if ordered with the above oil, or any purchase over $35.

This filter would cost you $18 or more locally.

The reason that I like this filter is because of the 17mm nut head on the filter, which means you can remove it with a simple 17 mm wrench easily, no more fighting to get the filter off. Plus, it's a K&N. Nough said. I usually order two of these to match the two oil changes worth of oil that comes in the six pack above.

To me, this is the very best deal there is for the FJ-09, high quality racing oil and about the best oil filter made that also has a 17mm wrench. There is also the hiflo filter that also has a 17mm nut head, but it is only 70 cents cheaper.

My FZ-09 engine seems to like this oil and my shifting is very smooth.

If you find a better deal, list it below!

• Premium Member
thumbsup6.jpg?1384968217

Saved that into my "Wish List" on Amazon for purchase soon. Damn nice deal, thanks for the link.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I bought twelve WIX 51358 oil filters for $88.51 shipped from DiscountFleetSupply.com. I'm not saying they are a better deal, but another good one.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

That is literally the exact combo I use for oil changes, except with 10w-40. Typically the full syn castrol (gold bottle) is around $10 a quart on amazon so thats a great price. Cycle Gear and other dealers will charge 14.99/quart all day long on that exact same oil.

Same thing with the filter. Cycle gear is 14.99 for that filter (I was just there last week), and I bought it for around $10 on amazon. Awesome deal!

• Premium Member
Someone had mentioned they run Rotella t6 in their bike. Doesn't it have to be motorcycle specific for the transmission?
check the spec sheet and you will see 
API CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4, SM, SL, SH; ACEA E9; Caterpillar
ECF-3, ECF-2; Cummins CES 20081; DDC 93K218; Ford WSS
M2C171-E; JASO DH-2, MA; Mack EO-O Premium Plus; MB Approval
228.31; Volvo VDS-4

See the highlighted bit - the JASO MA bit is the spec for a bike quoted in your manual

http://www.shell.com/rotella/products/t6.html and then download the pdf brochure for the full spec
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest branthopolis
Someone had mentioned they run Rotella t6 in their bike. Doesn't it have to be motorcycle specific for the transmission?
Rotella T6 is rated JASO MA which is what is called for in the manual..  The argument against it isn't that it will cause your engine to fail but that the greater zinc content (formulated for diesel engines) will cause catalytic converters to run hotter and fail sooner..

I've used it for many years in several different bikes with no problems.   YMMV.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Package came in via Prime today.
(NOT the kitteh)

20150812_203835-1_zpsbd8fa0a3.jpg

Gotta give you props again on posting this smokin' hot deal...
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Archived