• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Kootenay BC

Guest rszk

Guest rszk
Trip length 6 days, and 2400km. Zero break downs(they are Honda's and Yamaha's after all). I did lose a bolt off my rear fender. Luckily I have a Japanese bolt kit, so no problem to replace. This time blue Loctite was my friend!
We hit some high temperatures for this region. Apparently records for heat were being broken throughout the interior of B.C. We personally saw 38 Celsius, while not as fun to ride in, it was doable even with proper riding gear.
The FJ 09 averaged 4.3 litres/100km for the entire trip, as per the computer.
Still have some rubber left, I have 5000km on the tires now. Should be good for my wife and I upcoming 3 day trip for sure.

The Seat Concepts seat was very comfortable for 5-8 hour rides we did. Occasional standing on pegs to stretch out and the usual 2 hour or more stops for scenery or gas. It was a great investment.

The Madstad 20" shield and robobracket was excellent for wind and rain protection. I didn't have to wear ear plugs, I could hear the engine and wind turbulence was at a minimum. I could even adjust on the fly!

I had switched to Yamalube synthetic 15w-50 oil prior to the trip. Made the shifting super smooth!

The Yamaha luggage worked well. I could have used more space in the panniers, as I'm used to more space, but it did work well. We'll see how they work when 2 people are using them.

The bike itself was a joy to use. More than enough passing power, excellent handling with the touring setup and excellent ergonomics.

cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Really enjoyed the post on ADVrider. Thanks for all the effort put into it.
Would love to ride in Canada, but it is so far from northern California I'd use all my free time get to and from.

Cheers
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Thanks Fanowater!
One of my dream rides is to go to the Redwood National Park where you live, then up the Oregon Coast into BC and then back home. I have planned it all secondary highways. Just need to find he time to do it.

• Premium Member
The Redwood parks are amazing! Hwy's 96 and 36 are super fun ways to get to them as well. Riding the coast is some of the coldest riding I have ever done (we're thin blooded wimps here), so bring some warm clothes.
Cheers!
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Archived