Do We Own a Mystery Bike?

• Premium Member
I don't know how to twistie and that place isn't vegan friendly :P 
What route do you think is good for someone who is just a commuter? I live in DTLA.
The 405? (rofl) 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I don't know how to twistie and that place isn't vegan friendly :P 
What route do you think is good for someone who is just a commuter? I live in DTLA.
The 405? (rofl)
You're the worst! I play battle bots on the 10 to Santa Monica every day :D

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, very few FJ-09's here in Ohio either. In the US, if you aren't riding a Hardley Ableson, you aren't riding a "real bike". The complete irony is that all the "individuals" on their HD's (which all look about identical) ridicule those who really do ride an "individual" bike. Ride what you ride, enjoy what you enjoy, I don't care. The irony is still hilarious to me. A bunch of individuals, all riding (essentially) the SAME bike! :) But its an HD so it doesn't matter, the marketing machine is KING!

I haven't seen any on the road here in St. Louis. The dealers around here only had 1 or 2 fj09 on the floor vs 10-15 of the other bikes. Had some kids trying to race me in a civic the other day. A ninja 250 can beat a civic so I'm not sure what he was thinking

I don't expect to see any other FJ's for a while around here in central Oklahoma. My other bike is a Super Tenere, and I have only seen approximately five other ST's in the last year. I stopped in a Yamaha dealership today in another part of the state, and the salesman was pretty excited to talk to someone that actually owned one; they had not sold any yet. It is definitely cruiser/HD country here.  But, I'm very happy I have one, it is a fantastic bike.

• Premium Member
I don't expect to see any other FJ's for a while around here in central Oklahoma. My other bike is a Super Tenere, and I have only seen approximately five other ST's in the last year. I stopped in a Yamaha dealership today in another part of the state, and the salesman was pretty excited to talk to someone that actually owned one; they had not sold any yet. It is definitely cruiser/HD country here.  But, I'm very happy I have one, it is a fantastic bike.
Maxey in OKC has moved all of theirs. I bought the only red one they had, and suffered through the recall fiasco. I live in Edmond, and think a meet-up at Eischens might be in order. What do you think.....assuming you live in Kingfisher of course. 

• 1 month later...

Archived