Nitron Rear Suspension Upgrade

guernsey70

I've just had a Nitron R1 sport shock with a hydraulic preload adjuster fitted to my bike, and I must say WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

On Saturday I'm having a K-Tech DDS front fork upgrade, so will report back on the complete package.

Photos of the Nitron shock below.

image.jpg3_zpszkddjyl4.jpg

image.jpg1_zps3mo7urbj.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsyeiavqbu.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Very nice. Hope you enjoy the shock.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
So far, it looks like the Nitron is the only option available with a hydraulic preload adjuster. I just made a 1500 mile trip with my FJ and it's major suckage to have to get out tools and fuss with the bike after taking off the luggage and restoring it to it's normal svelte condition.

So did you get the fork upgrade? What is your impression of the over all package? If you don't mind sharing, what's the pricing like on the Nitron and the K-DDS? Where did you purchase them and who did the installs?
TIA

The overall package is brilliant. The bike feels way more planted and now doesn't rattle over every bump or imperfection in the road.

Having the hydraulic preload adjuster fitted was the right thing to do, as Vex says, it's a right fiddle to get the tools out to make any adjustments. A few quick turns of the HPA and you're do everything!

I had my rear shock fitted by Nitron, but that's because I lent them my bike so they could develop the Nitron rear shock range for the Tracer in the UK. Steve Jordan Motorcycles did the Ktech front fork upgrades for around £915 fitted. The Nitron shock retails for about £530 without fitting, but incl. the HPA. Steve Jordan also fit Niton for a price, but you'd have the check.

Safe riding!

G70

• Premium Member
Nitron is the only option available with a hydraulic preload adjuster.
FWIW Wilburs and Hyperpro also offer it. (in USA, epmperf.com. say hello to Klaus)
Don't forget Elka and RaceTech also offer a remote preload adjuster. Elka will have an FJ-09 shock soon, not sure about Wilburs and Hyperpro (single stage only for now). I personnally would not buy an aftermarket shock without easily adjustable compression damping, so I would not consider a single stage shock. I usually change settings between rough roads and smooth roads and on the track. YMMV

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

FWIW Wilburs and Hyperpro also offer it. (in USA, epmperf.com. say hello to Klaus)
Don't forget Elka and RaceTech also offer a remote preload adjuster. Elka will have an FJ-09 shock soon, not sure about Wilburs and Hyperpro (single stage only for now). I personnally would not buy an aftermarket shock without easily adjustable compression damping, so I would not consider a single stage shock. I usually change settings between rough roads and smooth roads and on the track. YMMV

Not sure if Elka offers the remote preload adjustment on their stage 5 shock. That's unfortunate, because I really want high speed compression damping adjustability.
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• 4 weeks later...
Voodoo, is that the R2 or R3? I went for the R1 with HPA and now I've got the settings right (front and rear), she rides like a dream! 
I guess it will be my bike because I lent it to them to do their development and got a 50% discount :)

G70
It's an R3 shock and I paid the full price. Need to good for a ride after fitting to sooth the financial suffering.

• 1 month later...

Archived