Nitron Rear Suspension Upgrade

guernsey70

• Premium Member
Did you ask for a longer hose on your Penske in order to install it behind the passenger footrest? Where did you order it from? 

I'm just saying.............. 

gold.jpg

$$$$weet $$$$$etup Chri$$$$$$$$    :o:)
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In response to guys removing gas tank or loosening linkage bolts, that's not necessary.  I used wooden dowels line up the shocks mounting holes. I put a long dowel through the forward mounting hole, pushed through on the throttle side, then I used a wedge under the rear tire (a screw jack under the swing arm can do the same thing) to hold the wheel and linkage in place to insert a short dowel into the rear shock mount. The trick is getting the wheel height set so the front mounting hole dowel is loose, then push the bolt into the mounting hole and push out the dowel. I taped the head of the bolt to another piece of dowel to help guide it in place. Then I used a deep socket for the nut, I held the nut in the socket with double sided tape. Note that the mount for the front bolt has a flat shoulder machined in it to keep the bolt from spinning, make sure you seat the bolt properly below that flat shoulder before tightening. Then push the rear bolt through to push out the dowel. The rear bolt will only go in one way, sort of moving the head of the bolt down, back and around, and the wheel height/linkage position has to be correct. I have the Ohlins as pictured above. I put the external reservoir inside a big leather glove to keep it from scratching the frame.

I found I could use a cut off wrench, offset wrenchs, or flex head wrenches to get the lower nut on and off. It is one of those jobs that you can do in 30 minutes if everything goes right or endlessly frustrating when nothing goes right.

• Premium Member
$$$$weet $$$$$etup Chri$$$$$$$$    :o:)
Thank you Clint.  I thought the spend was worth it at $1,046.
Agreed! Top shelf components at a nice price!
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Did you ask for a longer hose on your Penske in order to install it behind the passenger footrest? Where did you order it from? 

I'm just saying.............. 

gold.jpg

I ordered it from Traxxion Dynamics. That is the stock length. 

Archived