1st annual FJ09 NW meet and ride CANCELED!

Cruizin

• Premium Member
I'll mark my calendar..I live in CA but have relatives in Couer d'Alene.
Me too, but relatives in Postfalls (right next to Couer d'Alene). Too far for my candy A$$ to ride, but hope to meet up with the great white north soon. Maybe at Laguna Seca? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
This route looks pretty good, but may I suggest going through Horseshoe Bend? There's a restaurant there that serves an amazing chiliburger. The LD folks used to have RTE (ride to eat) event there in late September.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm in. Wouldn't miss it. My FJ is up to 16,600 miles now and will be somewhere around 22,200 for the meet. I have to ride to Lugana in July and Colorado in August. It won't be the highest mileage FJ but it will be one of them. Still love my FJR, as it is like a Ferarri and goes real fast. I'm on my third saddle bag top bag configuration now, installing a top box today. This bike is so much fun to play with. Like the performance with the FJR sidebags seams better than without and I think I am riding slower as the last 10 tank fulls have all recorded over 50mpg. But that is what happens when you are touring around the country. Look forward to meeting up at the first NW get together.

Wwmeg5T.jpg  Cx84bXB.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

@redfjniner @yamahafjrider @keithu
Alot of the details depend on who is coming and what their schedule is. I need input.

I can help with hotels to choose from or we can find a place to camp.

I work Fridays and cannot get this day off. But others can met up and ride on Friday.

We can ride Sat and Sunday, or just Sunday. It's up to the group.

But we are getting close so we need to start discussing this now. People from Utah, Wa, Ore, should start posting now if you want to attend so that we can plan accordingly.
After we agree on more details, I'll create a new thread.

Cruizin, would love to attend. Planning on this but it is hard to commit without knowing what I am committing to. I may not be there for the whole thing but some or most. My goal is the whole rally plus. How about a poll? Get some idea of what people want. Hope this helps. 

Kurt

Again, so far the itinerary is for everyone to arrive on Friday the 18th. I'd love to camp somewhere and know some awesome spots, but not everyone can camp.

Then we wake up on Saturday and ride. Where we meet will depend on if we are camping out of town, or if yo guys are getting rooms on Saturday.

If Hotel, we will ride from Boise to Idaho City for Breakfast at Trudy's. And then from Idaho City to Stanley. And then Stanley thru Garden Valley and back to Boise.

Party Saturday night, everyone ride home on Friday.

Cuizin. question #1 I prefer a hotel but we need a place to gather and meet the other members. A camp fire works well for this. The FJOWNERS forun meet for rallies multiple times every year. The relationships are the number one reason people keep coming back. Riding is second.

#2 First rally arrive Friday, depart some time Sunday. Have time to make new friends. Some want to come early or stay late that is there choice.

Hope this helps. Anything I can do please let me know.

Kurt

Keep in mind, if people are staying in hotels, we will not be having a campfire because we can't really campfire in the city of Boise.

There are little hotels near campsites and campgrounds, so that is a possibility if you dont mind staying in a one star hotel. We could easily stay in Idaho City, or Garden Valley and find rooms and camping in the same area. But not in Boise.

Again, please vote in the poll so we can decide exact location. Most of these meet and rides that I go on are 100% camp.

• Premium Member
I am a hard maybe. 1. hotel for me, am planning on touring light on this bike, so Gucci touring for me. 2. I would be arriving early, Thursdayish, and would suggest a Friday night get-together and maybe a meal at whatever eating establishment can accommodate our group.

Archived