1st annual FJ09 NW meet and ride CANCELED!

Cruizin

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool, what top box is that Ken. 
Kurt
JCwhitney   Not sure they sell this size anymore.  Couldn't find the 46 liter on their site, but they sell the 31 liter that looks the same and is a bit smaller.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Ok, who else is coming? Guys, this is gonna be a blast, I promise!
If I have enough vacation time I will be there. Just depends how long my trip from Washington to Zion national park and back takes.

I really hope you can make it! This will be fun. If it was earlier in the year we could stay in Stanley but it gets cold at night up there in September.

Who else is coming? Camp or hotel? Poll is on page one.

Cuizin. question #1 I prefer a hotel but we need a place to gather and meet the other members. A camp fire works well for this. The FJOWNERS forun meet for rallies multiple times every year. The relationships are the number one reason people keep coming back. Riding is second.  
#2 First rally arrive Friday, depart some time Sunday. Have time to make new friends. Some want to come early or stay late that is there choice.

Hope this helps. Anything I can do please let me know.

Kurt

Cruizin, I want to apologize for any problems, stress or extra work that I caused. I was just trying to make a suggestion that might improve the rally experience for all. Again please accept my apology. 
Kurt

Cuizin. question #1 I prefer a hotel but we need a place to gather and meet the other members. A camp fire works well for this. The FJOWNERS forun meet for rallies multiple times every year. The relationships are the number one reason people keep coming back. Riding is second.  
#2 First rally arrive Friday, depart some time Sunday. Have time to make new friends. Some want to come early or stay late that is there choice.

Hope this helps. Anything I can do please let me know.

Kurt

Cruizin, I want to apologize for any problems, stress or extra work that I caused. I was just trying to make a suggestion that might improve the rally experience for all. Again please accept my apology. 
Kurt

No probs man. It's all good brother! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I think I will try to make the Friday meet and greet, since I will be heading west on the day of the group ride.
Should be fun. Will keep checking for details as September rolls around.
Cheers!
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Sorry guys, but this is canceled as I just traded in my FZ-09 for a KTM 250 XCW. I had a very close call last recently with a cager, and street riding has lost it's charm. I love the twisties but even then, I just get speeding tickets (3 this year).
I also just lost a close friend who was hit and killed by a cager.
So between the shock of that and the fact that one more ticket loses my license, I am done with the street for at least three years.

I'd love to meet up with anyone who still wants to come for the Big Nasty Hillclimb though. @redfjniner Sorry man.

Here is my new ride

3857742.jpg

3857745.jpg

• Premium Member
Sorry to hear that you are "giving up" the street for a while, but it sounds like the wise choice!  Sweet new (to you) bike for the dirt!  Enjoy! :)

Guest eatpasta
sorry to hear about your friend, man. Thats really hard to deal with. I totally hear where you're coming from though - ive almost been hit a few times in the last couple weeks and thats being out of the city!

REALLY like your new bike! My racing mentor raced a 300 smoker and he swears up and down his success belongs to the bike!

• Premium Member
one of the benefits of this austerity lark is that the first cut in the UK was traffic cops and an investment in front facing, van mounted speed cameras. As there are no. number plates on the front of bikes...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived