• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

D-Mode switch issues

I've noticed lately that my D-mode switch will change modes if I barely touch it. I accidentally nudged it into A mode when it was supposed to be in B mode (raining at the time).
Anyone else notice this? I guess I need to give the dealership a call to get the switch replaced.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if this is a switch or an ECU issue - it should only be able to change modes while the throttle is closed. How's it going from B to A without stopping in "STD?"
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

When the throttle is closed, I can just lightly brush the switch with my hand or finger and the mode will change. I have not witnessed it with my eyes yet but I think that when I go over a particularly rough patch of road (lots of vibration), it will be enough to activate the switch.

• Premium Member
Sounds like a faulty switch to me. Mine needs to be firmly moved to actuate and that is the way it should be.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Agreed... now that I have more information, I think the switch sounds bad, too.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

• 2 months later...

Archived