Kriega R25 Backpack

zeroxysm

Hey,

I've been searching for a new backpack since the Icon one I have sucks and I hate where it rides on my shoulder and back.

The Kriega R25 has caught my eye as it seems to be one of the better backpacks available.

Does anyone have experience with one?

I'd really appreciate some input on it if you have.

Thanks.

2013%2F10%2Fkriega-r25.jpg

I have R25 for two years now, it's great piece of kit. Top quality materials and manufacture.
No wind drag, and actually supports your back against the seat so you don't feel the weight.
You can pack for 2-3 days in it, and I usually use it for 500+ km rides.
If you're looking for everyday carry, maybe you should go with R20.

Thanks for the response wiggin.

I'll be going on a 3-5 day trip next month and this was the main reason that I was looking at this pack but I'm also looking for a daily one so I'm sort of at a toss-up between the 25 and 20 right now.

• Premium Member
Hey, 
I've been searching for a new backpack since the Icon one I have sucks and I hate where it rides on my shoulder and back.

The Kriega R25 has caught my eye as it seems to be one of the better backpacks available.

Does anyone have experience with one?

I'd really appreciate some input on it if you have.

Thanks.

2013%2F10%2Fkriega-r25.jpg
I have an R25 and a US20 tailbag. The R25 is a very good product. Note that it isn't completely waterproof, although I have never had rain ingress even in fairly heavy rain. There is a waterproof inner bag available. The R30 has a roll top and is completely waterproof. The R25 is very comfortable and completely stable - you forget you have it on. I use it everyday, it is not too big. I like the US20 too, but I should have got the US30 instead. Quality products.

Not near the level of the Kriega, but at $38 (closeout), not near the cost as well. My son has one of these Novara Gotham backpacks for bicycling. Much better made, more usable space, better looking than my Alpinestars motorcycle backpack. As a cheaper alternative, may be worth a look for some folks. On closeout now...

http://www.rei.com/product/863007/novara-gotham-backpack

d7c51a77-edcc-485b-9afd-3ec247c7f9e8.jpg

2015 FJ-09, 2016 1290 Super Duke, 2017 150 XC-W (primary ride), 2012 DR650

Archived