New Owner WI

Just picked up my 2015 FJ-09 this afternoon. Wonderful bike, already experienced the low oil drain plug/shield issue as it dragged across my metal ramp as I took the bike out of the bed of my pickup.  B-|

Any other common issues/things to watch out for as I begin to put on the first 600? Only driven in B mode so far. Bike is very comfy.

Look forward to the forum!

Thanks

• Premium Member
Welcome!

Other than the windshield causing a lot of turbulence/noise, which might nor might not be a problem for you depending on tolerance and where your helmet ends up in the airflow, I'd say "no." There are certainly things you can improve, but by and large just have fun.

If the noise is an issue then there are several threads on windshield replacements. I'm using an Ermax touring shield plus a Puig wind visor, the combination of which works well, but it seems that everything else is an improvement over the stocker.

I think it's impossible not to have fun on the FJ. It's a terrific bike. I was amazed that I it was so easy and fun to ride even under break-in restrictions. I was practically crying during the break-in of the SV650S, and literally crying for the Daytona 675 which was geared so short that the break-in speed limit was 60mph in 6th, gah!
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
Just picked up my 2015 FJ-09 this afternoon. Wonderful bike, already experienced the low oil drain plug/shield issue as it dragged across my metal ramp as I took the bike out of the bed of my pickup.  B-| 
Any other common issues/things to watch out for as I begin to put on the first 600? Only driven in B mode so far. Bike is very comfy.

Look forward to the forum!

Thanks
Check around the drain plug for crack as the low point brace easily cracks after impact. Most of us grind it down and replace it with a flush mount plug. linky

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived