Shad bags

• Premium Member
Ooh, those do look nice. Better than the Yamaha bags, IMO.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
After carefully studying the engineering styles of Kazakhstan I think I have these installed these Shad hard cases correctly! : )photo%20-%20Copy_zpssgs0nwwd.jpg
I think we come from the same school of motorcycle freight carriage:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=52220&g2_serialNumber=2
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=52224&g2_serialNumber=2

Notice the right bag sitting right on the muffler.  It seems that a set of stands exceeded the recommended weight for the rack.  Who knew?

Thanks for the laugh.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Can you measure the width with the bags mounted? These look really nice and are cheaper then the Yamaha version but I need to lane split.
I got some Shads as well. Only used them once, but they are well built, fit good and solid and seem to be an all round good buy. They are wide though. Total width is slightly wider then the bars with the hand guards, so filter (lan split) with extreme caution.

• Premium Member
Can you measure the width with the bags mounted? These look really nice and are cheaper then the Yamaha version but I need to lane split.
I got some Shads as well. Only used them once, but they are well built, fit good and solid and seem to be an all round good buy. They are wide though. Total width is slightly wider then the bars with the hand guards, so filter (lan split) with extreme caution.
Recently on our trip to France one old geezer had shad bags on. Made the Tracer a wide-arse. Not good for commuting, rather use a top box on the commute. For touring hopefully you'll ride less congested routes.

• Premium Member
After carefully studying the engineering styles of Kazakhstan I think I have these installed these Shad hard cases correctly! : )photo%20-%20Copy_zpssgs0nwwd.jpg
I don't get the reference to Kazakhstan

I have these too with the the matching Shad top box and rack. Great bits of kit but yes the panniers are wide (I clipped a traffic cone my first time out with them)

DSC_0041_zpsqtptlbpg.jpg

DSC_0043_zpsh26lzgar.jpg

DSC_0044_zpsi0yeabvk.jpg

DSC_0046_zpsbrq1u6id.jpg

DSC_0045_zpsqlj5x9vl.jpg

LED indicators are ready to go on (just waiting for the LED specific relay to arrive)

• 1 month later...

Archived