is a low small screen better than a touring screen?

skid

Advice please.. as a relatively new biker

I have the touring screen - it came with the bike.

I still get buffeted to hell and its really noisy on the motorway unless i duck down behind the screen.  I also find the bike really feels wind and the drafts from lorries etc.

Am i actually better off with the smaller screen on a low setting to get clean airflow over my helmet?  That's what i seem to be reading.

Will give it a try next week if that's true?

cheers

Advice please.. as a relatively new biker 
I have the touring screen - it came with the bike.

I still get buffeted to hell and its really noisy on the motorway unless i duck down behind the screen.  I also find the bike really feels wind and the drafts from lorries etc.

Am i actually better off with the smaller screen on a low setting to get clean airflow over my helmet?  That's what i seem to be reading.

Will give it a try next week if that's true?

cheers
Use the search button. Lots of information on this subject has been posted. 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
Using a lower screen will give the illusion of cleaner air, but it will probably cause problems going over 80mph like on my wifes ST3. Going around town and in the heat it will be nice. JMHO.

This link will help, but many pages of reading will follow.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 1 month later...
I tried it with no screen and liked it for the most part until I got on the interstate. IMHO, the seating position is too upright for highway speeds with no windscreen. You have to work against the wind to stay seated upright and not be blown back. I am using the Ermax touring screen with a Puig spoiler. If it's cold, I'll position the Puig vertical so it throws most of the air over my head. If I'm hot, I'll position it horizontal so it redirects air directly at me. This gets me sufficent air to cool me off without being so much wind that I'm sore from fighting it over a longer highway ride. Stuck in traffic, as most of the US cannot lane split, no screen would be better. That being said, I don't tend to ride very often at all where there's lots of traffic. As long as you can get up above 30-35 mph most of the time, the touring screen with puig does just fine in most weather.

Archived